1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

➲ 2012 SEPTEMBER NO PURCHASE CLUB

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MyOtherLife, Aug 16, 2012.

1. AHS

AHS Senior member

Two and a half days left..... And still holding strong. Last night I used saphir renovatuer (sp?) and cream polish on a pair of vintage Florsheim longwings.

Full disclosure: I have a $20 birthday coupon from Brooks Brothers that is good for this month only. I plan to pick up a pair of socks or maybe a watchband. I believe that is acceptable as per our rules?

AHS

2. Putonghua73

Putonghua73 Senior member

I actually survived, although I do need to use the emergency fund for some alterations and dry-cleaning (£14.45). I have been polishing my shoes and brushing down my clothes with a lint brush.

It was a combination of my language partner occupying me for Friday night through to Saturday evening (no time to get to Harvie & Hudson and Drakes), as well as the aforementioned stores both being closed on Sunday.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  3. habanos

habanos Senior member

Well guys it has been fun. Shoes shined, and challenge complete.

4. doughie

doughie Well-Known Member

5. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

i failed gents. purchased a few shirts from jcrew, cufflinks, ordered 3 shoes, 1 mtm suit ordered, and 3 belts from equus.

congrats to those who succeeded! I failed in the last 2 weeks

6. Putonghua73

Putonghua73 Senior member

If you are going to fail, fail epically. As a friend once said to me when I had a Nicole Fahri jacket, with my iPhone and several transport cards (Oyster, Octopus and Limited Edition Suica), and around 500rmb stolen from a night-club in China whilst stupidly stupidly drunk, when I stupidly left my jacket on a stool near the exit, when trying and failing miserably pulling a Chinese chick.

7. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

8. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Me too. Shined a couple of pairs of shoes and washed and ironed about a dozen shirts and three pairs of strides. Didn't spend a penny on anything sartorial. Count me out for October MoL, I will enjoy my newly gained liberation and may join you all back in November.

Free at last!

9. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

[COLOR=FF00AA]Challenge Completed. Mission Over.[/COLOR]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyone that still needs to ring in, please do so. I will type out a final scorecard on Tuesday.
    The September 2012 Challenge is now over.......

To those who want to try for the October 2012 Challenge, proceed here:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/316702/2012-october-no-purchase-club

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  10. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

Ended the month with nary a black mark on my credit card statement. I may see if I can stretch this into October as I was profligate in August: a suit and shirt from Chan, a pair of formal trousers from Nick Lopez and a grosgrain bow tie.

11. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I regret to say that I failed. I bought a pair of shoes from Kent Wang. The club still helped me do better than I would have during a typical month.

12. AHS

AHS Senior member

I posted earlier this morning in the October thread that I was able to make it through the month.

Thanks all for the support. It was helpful to have brothers across the world going though the same thing.

AHS

13. Vovan

Vovan Active Member