1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

❄ 2012 'SAVE FOR CHRISTMAS' CLUB (NPC NOV-DEC Special Edition) ❄

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MyOtherLife, Nov 2, 2012.

1. letmefly

letmefly Senior member

Initially I signed up in the October thread and didn't find this one until now. If possible I would like to sign up officially here as well. I actually thought I failed when upgrading to a new espresso machine but then realized this is clothing only thus I'm still going strong... ;)

2. sspp

sspp Active Member

Damn, yesterday I caught myself making plans for bespoke shoes and suit... will be tough to resist until after December!

3. timotune

timotune Senior member

I just got my Suitsupply Soho, so I failed again.

4. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

So... You must have known when you ordered this.... We're you not planning on confessing if you returned it?

5. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

I want to remind everyone that this challenge does not end at the end of the month so keep the safety catch on. :)

6. timotune

timotune Senior member

Back in bc suitsupply sent the wrong suit!

7. FidelCashflow

Hmmm.... technically you made a purchase... it just didn't work out due to factors beyond your control.....

8. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

FidelCF's dedication to enforcing NPC policy is to be admired.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. MyOtherLife

Just a reminder to all......no one gets to spend this weekend. This challenge continues to mid December so stay strong...we are almost there.

10. FidelCashflow

I like being part of the NPC because it keeps me out of trouble and gives me something to focus on. :)

11. MyOtherLife

I hope you guys are all performing some sort of maintenance on your clothes and shoes. This is also a part of the challenge.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  12. Claghorn

I polished my shoes for myself for the first time in a long time. I....uhhhh...may have purchased some things to do this with. But I figured it was more in the spirit of NPC-Christmas to do this than to pay someone (less than $3 a pair) to do it for me. It was a lose-lose situation.

13. FidelCashflow

^
    Is buying shoe polish ok? I need to buy some to I maintenance

14. MyOtherLife

No spending! No Allowances! Claghorn, how much did you spend? The truth please.

15. Claghorn

15 bucks for 1909 neutral shoe cream and another 15 for a horsehair brush. [​IMG]

I have a conference in a few days. And I'd gone since November without polishing. Would it have been better to have them polished?

EDIT: FCF, I'll send you some of mine. If you get a gooey envelope, don't be alarmed.

Fuck, I just realized I could have borrowed some instead of buying it.

16. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Can I put the money from my recent sales of a pea coat and 2 pairs of shoes towards a new purchase without breaking the rule?

17. MyOtherLife

No you may not. :) nice try.

18. MyOtherLife

Sell the items quickly for what you paid for them or give it away and you will have redeemed yourself. If you managed to sneak some to polish your shoes first, we don't need to know.

19. Claghorn

Well, that was embarrassing. I successfully gave them away. I hadn't thought of a good explanation as to why I was giving away an unopened (ahem) can of shoe cream and an unused ([​IMG]) brush, so when he asked why, I went with the truth. Which was awkward. This is also the guy who told me not to buy him a tie (I found another recipient for that). He found the truth laughable, and he pointed out that by giving it away, I was actually incurring a not merely a shift in value, but an actual loss in value.

I'm second guessing myself here, but I'm gonna go ahead and go through with the giveaway. It feels weird...like I'm valuing the internets more than the real life. Probably something wrong there, but since there are a few extra circumstances at work, I think the principle wins out this time around.

20. FidelCashflow

Well in light of this - I also have a confession to make. I also picked up some shoe cream and shoe polish today. I guess that's a failure according to the strictest interpretation of the rules (MoL's) - but if that's off limits because it's clothing related, then shouldn't laundry detergent be off limits too??? :D

Not sure I can bring myself to give them away because people would ask why - and the first rule of NPC club is you do not talk about NPC club :slayer:

1 person likes this.