• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

♕♕♕OFFICIAL SW&D BALLER SLEEP THREAD♕♕♕

nevergreen

Reaction score
How's your sleep these days? Energy levels?

Metranger, I got a new formula now are you still cramping up?
It's been pretty good actually man thanks for asking. I got a new bed not too long ago that's made a huge difference, I sleep through night way more. My energy as of late has been a ton better. I do still get tired during the day, but not quite to the same degree nor as often. In the past few months I've been working out consistently which has helped a lot and my caffeine/weed consumption have both gone down. All three are noticeably helping a lot, I've been feeling great.

Last edited:

achilles88

Reaction score
Any suggestions for a good pillow? Is buckwheat any good? Best bets in different price ranges would be appreciated (<$100, <$200, and <$300). Thanks in advance

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I use a pacific coast down pillow or some **** I actually prefer a flatter pillow so it doesn't hurt my neck but I know metranger had a better quality company he recc'd earlier in the thread.

No idea on buckwheat but I imagine it would be rather noisy.

Here's my latest supp rec https://www.amazon.com/Doctors-Best...F8&qid=1477450063&sr=sr-1&keywords=bone+maker

Incidentally all the ingredients are conducive to good sleep and it has the right mix/quality of minerals than pretty much most anything you will find. Only downside is it's 6 caps a day so 3 of them 2x a day. Unfortunately thats't the case with any calcium/magnesium supp because those two require higher mg doses than most vitamins. It's got Vit D and k2 which directs the calcium to bones and teeth (and not your arteries) plus the calcium is in the form of mcha and mag is dimagnesium malate. Good for high bp, healing broken bones, receding gums, kidney stones, cramps, restless leg syndrome, etc as well. Babies you will be sleeping like.

Last edited:

nevergreen

Reaction score
Magnesium completely eliminates jaw clench, ya know if anyone ever gets it occasionally
mwink[1].gif
Just make sure it's good magnesium that has high bioavailability like chelated magnesium, none of the oxide ****.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any suggestions for a good pillow? Is buckwheat any good? Best bets in different price ranges would be appreciated (<$100, <$200, and <$300). Thanks in advance

I have buckweat, its like a giant sack of noisy sand, but it keeps your head in place nice. Stays cool in summer. When I toss, sometimes I wrestle it in my sleep.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

We all love clothes for sure.

But if anyone has the scoop on sales for bedding I'd appreciate a name drop. TIA

I'm looking for new bed sheets and possible a pillow. I've been having a hard time sleeping on my back and I think it's the pillow.

edit:
So I have no ******* clue about supplements but it seems like 90% of this thread is about taking pills. FWIW my sleep is okay once I hit the sack. I just need to get in a better sleep schedule, been only getting 4-5 GOOD sleep I think. When your co-workers talk about sleep habits and I roll my eyes hearing 11pm... so early. And I need to break the habit of looking at my phone while in bed. Old iPhone does not have that F.Lux software and I turn the one installed on desktop off because I can't see the true colors when shopping. Bad habits are hard to break.

Did find some links so will look through those. I remember people talking about linen sheets so going to give that a try.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kind of interesting. A womenswear company creating a new category for basics: sleepwear.

https://www.lunya.co/

Not the traditional silk or cotton PJ kind, but the stretchy kind of stuff that feels like an offshoot of sportswear/ athleisure.

At the moment, it's just for women, but it would be interesting/ nice to see this develop for men.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I was looking at these https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/armand_diradourian/cashmere-and-silk-eye-mask/973050?ppv=2
And it seems the main website is completely sold out of it all https://www.armanddiradourian.com/collections/all/eye-masks

Do good eye masks cost that much and is something worth paying more for? I was considering picking up three to four to rotate and launder through (for hygienic concerns).

Does anyone here use eye masks? If its not noise its light that stirs me awake and I have a hard time falling back asleep especially on the weekend when I want to catch some extra 'z'.

Also, resurrecting this thread. BUMP
Hope ya'll been sleeping well/

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So I was looking at these https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/armand_diradourian/cashmere-and-silk-eye-mask/973050?ppv=2
And it seems the main website is completely sold out of it all https://www.armanddiradourian.com/collections/all/eye-masks

Do good eye masks cost that much and is something worth paying more for? I was considering picking up three to four to rotate and launder through (for hygienic concerns).

Does anyone here use eye masks? If its not noise its light that stirs me awake and I have a hard time falling back asleep especially on the weekend when I want to catch some extra 'z'.

Also, resurrecting this thread. BUMP
Hope ya'll been sleeping well/

I've tried some basic and semi-fancy ones in the past and couldn't get into any of them. I mean, they're OK, but it's somewhat annoying to feel this thing against your face. Somewhere in the middle of the night, regardless of construction or material, I just find I just toss it off. It's rarely on me by morning.

I find the best way is to just buy good curtains to block out light. Get heavy ones and extend the curtain rod a little further past the window.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sleep is very important.

I've slept with bulky headphones on before albeit I did wake up to take them off.

I'm also trying to train myself to sleeve with my back against the mattress but finding it difficult. I fall asleep faster if rest against my sides but I'm also conscious how my body is against my shoulders. And as a result I am tossing between left and right.

Who has transitioning from side sleeping to back sleeping successfully and can provide some pointers?

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of mattress do you have? My mattress at home is a firmer foam one and I always fall asleep on my side but when I stay at a hotel with a softer mattress (one where I kind of "sink in") I find it easier to fall asleep on my back.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Firm to hard mattress, no extra foam layer. I actually don't mind the mattress, it's good for my back. It may be time to replace the pillow for something thinner.

Still using that f.lux lightning and sort of works.

Been also sleeping earlier to get my much needed 7 hours. On bad days it may be like 5 to 6.

For falling asleep the best thing I can recommend is get all your browsing done before you go to bed and try not to pickup your phone/pad. In those cases I find myself not remembering when I fell asleep, which is always nice IMO.

santaclara

Reaction score
Who has transitioning from side sleeping to back sleeping successfully and can provide some pointers?

I sleep on my back. I have a thin pillow under my head and a little pillow under my knees. I read the pillow under knees was good for spine and back. Never had any problems with my back.

I had the same experience as dieworkwear with the eye masks. I tried them a handful of years ago when I was in college, sleeping in the dorms with the plastic window curtains that really didn't block much light. I couldn't ever keep the mask on through the night. Now at my own place I have dark curtains and I have noticed a huge difference in sleep since putting them up.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads