1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

★ 2012 OCTOBER NO PURCHASE CLUB

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MyOtherLife, Sep 26, 2012.

1. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

My S.O. is from Seoul and I just checked with her. Koreans really do celebrate Christmas!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But you don't have to do the full challenge....anyone who can get through November will have done fine. But we are getting ahead of ourselves. Let's wait until October is done.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  2. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

It's more of a "couple" holiday and not a family holiday. It's a national holiday (though I've worked the past three Christmases), but maybe the third or fourth biggest. But yes, Christmas music is played here and decorations can be purchased.

Thanks for pointing out my attempt to rationalize my weakness :embar:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  3. doughie

doughie Well-Known Member

I'm saving for higher quality clothes/shoes [​IMG]

4. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Well, I've been good so far but that will probably be the end of me. I almost bought a Breuer cashmere tie at NM Last Call today, but didn't pull the trigger. I probably would have bought it if I wasn't doing this No Purchase Club. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. :confused:

5. stupendous

stupendous Senior member

Singapore by way of Manila, Hong Kong and Californ

Me too! But then I keep logging onto SF!:embar:

6. Mute

Mute Senior member

Screw this. I'm going the opposite direction. But I have an excuse. My birthday is in October.

7. letmefly

letmefly Senior member

After a couple of suits, pants, shoes, belts, gloves, sunglasses and 11(!) shirts in October I'm definitely game for November!

8. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

9. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

I failed. Nothing fancy, just needed some new cords for fall and wanted to use the RL advance sale coupon before Oct. 31.

10. letmefly

letmefly Senior member

Never saw the the November thread show up but nevertheless I failed miserably. Maybe February instead ;)

11. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

I never made a final outcome list for October because there was so much fail it was better to forget.
    Look at my signature below this message. The link is there and we are well underway.