1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

◕ ‿ ◕ June No Purchase Club - Temporary Management; New Rules

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 26, 2013.

1. TM79

TM79 Senior member

I've been looking at way too many sales and sites but have resisted temptation. I've sent some PM's to people but they'd be July purchases if I pull the trigger.

I'm in good shape to close out the month without falling off the wagon and my wallet is probably happier for it even though I'm certainly not.

2. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

I've been good thus far. I may re-enter in July / August too. Really helps one be disciplined in planning how to expand one's wardrobe.

3. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

1 person likes this.
  4. jacket

jacket Senior member

still clean, but can't wait for june to be over. need to pick up a few schneider knits [​IMG]

5. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

You don't have to wait until the end of June folks. June 28-July 2 is a grace period.

6. thegreatgatsby

thegreatgatsby Senior member

Does registration open again after the 28th?

I'd like to pre-register...

7. Claghorn

Yeah, I'll start the July thread in the next few days, and registration will be open until July 3

8. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

I failed. I bought a Kamakura tuxedo shirt. Price tag: $180

Judge Clag: can this offense please be expunged from my record?

Facts of the case: The purchase was for a good cause. I will be a groomsman in my friend's wedding in September and require a full tux set. I used to half-ass my tuxedo getup with a white shirt meant for a suit (barrel cuffs, non pleated etc).

Mitigating Circumstance: I needed to get my wedding attire ready ahead of the wedding. I didn't want to be a last minute guy. Didn't want t be scrambling for a tux shirt in July. Please consider this. I ask for leniency!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  9. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Also, I present you with this creation

1 person likes this.
  10. Claghorn

Where did you get a picture of Mamma Claghorn?!

As far as the case, I'm not clear why this couldn't have waited the four days until the grace period? I appreciate your honesty, but you've got an uphill battle to make your case at this point. It's not an impulse buy, but nor was there an immediate need (as far as I can tell), so though it's not a grievous violation, it is still a violation.

Just notice you shopped a tie in there. I actually have a tie quite similar to that. [​IMG]

11. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

The store only had one left in Tokyo Slim size 16.

There was a real sense of urgency. Who knows when they'd get a restock?

I just can't settle for any old menswearhouse rag.

12. Claghorn

...and they don't have it available from their online store (just checked). Well fuck.

Can't expunge it, but I will begrudgingly admit that it is a good purchase and will allow the record to demonstrate that it was so.

How are their slim shirts, by the way? I get most of mine made, but they really can't do a proper OCBD here.

13. Dewi

Dewi Senior member

I would've granted leniency based on the shoppage alone. That's good work, jrd.

14. Claghorn

You have no idea how badly I wanted to. It was tough not to, but I feared that by making an exception which is a clear (though justified) violation of the rules, I'd eventually undermine the NPC.

15. Dewi

Dewi Senior member

Understood. I was mostly making a funny, though that is very good shoppage. The tie was a nice touch.

Back on the temptations topic, I'm really not liking that all the sales are hitting right now. It's not like it would matter, since they're already sold out of everything in my size that I would want. I'm just not liking it very much.

16. Claghorn

Few more days...sales may still be going on. Going to use the grace period to buy a suit from Howard Yount, then I think I'll be done for the summer (July and August) before maybe picking something else up in September.

17. Dewi

Dewi Senior member

Nothing in my size left already, at least nothing that I'd want to buy. I've got some alterations I want to make still, and might pick up some fabric for a casual suit or sport coat. Not sure, but I doubt I'll be doing anything big in the wardrobe department this grace period.

18. Claghorn

It's the 28th here, but you guys still have a few more hours yet. Still, congratulations on going a month.

My non-impulse (been eying this since the start of NPC) purchase:

[​IMG]
    (suit from Howard Yount)

The new thread is up. I encourage all of y'all...especially those who gave in to temptation this time around, to sign up. Remember, you've got 5 days to purchase. Make use of them, but make use of them wisely.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/353011/...delayed-gratification-is-the-name-of-the-game

19. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Alright.. as long as we're allowed to go to the tailor to adjust clothing, I think I can try this again.

BUT.. what if an MTO of mine comes in? I do have 3 lined up for any time now. What are the rules on that? One should definitely be end of July.

20. Claghorn

You can go to the tailoring to adjust clothing during the grace period.

If you've actually commissioned the MTO and made a down payment, I think that falls under the same rule as the tailoring bills (bills incurred before the start of the NPC can be paid off during NPC).