• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

◕ ‿ ◕ June No Purchase Club - Temporary Management; New Rules

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah crap, Aquascutum raincoat. I've been eyeing one of these for years and now I might be able to snag one for less than $200...

:lurk:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah crap, Aquascutum raincoat. I've been eyeing one of these for years and now I might be able to snag one for less than $200...

In my experience these are easy to find on eBay, and for much cheaper, if you're willing to wear pre-owned. $200 doesn't seem like such a great deal.

btatedash

Reaction score
Damn Yoox for stacking sales! A sportcoat that I bought last month just came in, and now the same coat in a light grey is on double sale. It's a brand I hadn't tried before, Montedoro, and it fits me like a glove. All the LBM is on sale too...

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It, or something like it, or something better than it, will be on sale at some point somewhere in your future. You made a commitment. See the month through.

btatedash
drift3r
jacket

I've got my eye on you. It's three days out of the grace period. You've got 23 more to go. That's three weeks. Control yourselves.

Some advice someone mentioned from last month: stay off shopping websites. stay out of thrift stores (though this isn't too bad as it's pretty cheap to match a thrift purchase). unsubscribe to mailing lists.

Last edited:

jacket

Reaction score

It, or something like it, or something better than it, will be on sale at some point somewhere in your future. You made a commitment. See the month through.

btatedash

drift3r
jacket

I've got my eye on you. It's three days out of the grace period. You've got 23 more to go. That's three weeks. Control yourselves.

Some advice someone mentioned from last month: stay off shopping websites. stay out of thrift stores (though this isn't too bad as it's pretty cheap to match a thrift purchase). unsubscribe to mailing lists.

Any words of advice for me.. there seems to be a good chance this piece won't come up again, or at least for a long long time (been waiting 6 months?) I know I probably shouldn't but the support would really help me out haha

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm late to the party but I'm in (whether official or not
shog[1].gif
)! Such a great idea for donating, makes it a community benefit and essentially doubles the cost of any purchase, making you think that much harder. Luckily I dropped my coat off at the tailor on the 1st...

Damn Yoox for stacking sales! A sportcoat that I bought last month just came in, and now the same coat in a light grey is on double sale. It's a brand I hadn't tried before, Montedoro, and it fits me like a glove. All the LBM is on sale too...

I have one Montedoro coat and love it. For the price can't be be beat

Last edited:

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing like another endorsement to ease temptation...
plain.gif
I can wait. They'll still be there in July.

Nice tumblr, btw. Been following you for a bit.

Ha I wasn't trying to ease your temptation
mwink[1].gif
looks like my work here is done.

And thanks, I have found Tumblr to be an enjoyable outlet. Particularly for visually oriented folks like us.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Future In-laws are throwing us an engagement party at the end of June. Going to be hard not to get a new tie for such an occasion. Thinking a trade may be in store.

drift3r

Reaction score
Oof that was tough. The Aquascutum was one of their new slim models in a size 34 - usually goes for $600 at retail and sold for $170 on Ebay. The vintage models are like tents on a tiny guy like me.

I let it pass because I was away from my desk, but I definitely feel like I violated the spirit of the NPC... probably would have pulled the trigger if I had been sitting at my desk.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yoox has lots of good stuffs. Some great prices too !!
Tempted. Some stuffs are in my cart ……..
Dam AE tent sale coming…….

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
MZhammer welcome.

Jbarwick: When exactly at the end of June? You can buy a tie on the 28th.

Everyone else:
STAY THE **** AWAY FROM YOOX.

g-banger

Reaction score

Dam AE tent sale coming…….

i saw that!!!!! i closed the window down straight away when i saw the link on the AE thread.

i have some Fifth Street and PA's on the way which i bought last month for cheap!!!

drift3r

Reaction score
Don't bite on the AE tent sale - I feel like there are always opportunities to get AEs for cheap. Last year on Black Friday I was able to snag a pair of Kenilworths for $160, and the year before I got a pair of chromexcel Bayfield boots for $150. The factory seconds are perfectly fine and they're constantly running promotions on those. Also, depending on your feelings about used shoes - I know some people wouldn't dream of it - like-new AEs can often be had for less than $50.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads