1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

◕ ‿ ◕ 2013 APRIL No Purchase Club

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MyOtherLife, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Still on track. No purchases. It's easier when you stay out of the stores.

2. PMac

PMac Well-Known Member

Other than the items that I had tailored things are going well. I still need to complete my punishment for spending, but have not had the opportunity between work and the fact that our house was listed last Monday and we have a had a parade of interested parties coming through. It looks like that should not be an issue much longer though as we have received three offers with two more coming in today. Hopefully we go into contract today or tomorrow and I can return to my home uninterrupted.

3. domenickb

domenickb Active Member

I completely forgot I had a shirt order outstanding, which of course is finally ready and I have a balance to pay. If it was closer to the end of the month, I would likely hold out, but I hate leaving my tailor with balance outstanding for 2 weeks.

4. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

I say fall on your sword and pay it. It is a noble exit from NPC.

5. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

domenickb, I don't recollect you signing up in the first place. Please correct me if I am wrong.

6. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Alright fellas - half way there. Stay off ebay and like Diggsy says, away from the shops. Two more weeks to go. There's nothing that you need so desperately that you can't wait two more weeks.

7. MyOtherLife

Agreed. 2 weeks should be easy now....but I am not holding my breath. There are too many members here that have not sounded off since this started, and that makes me suspicious....they're up to something.

8. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

I'm less sure about my resolve. The first half of the month was quite busy for me with several projects and my tax prep work that I had to perform leading up to the 15th. Now that those time constraints are gone, I need other distractions to keep my mind off that pair of full strap penny loafers and the double monks that I just KNOW are lurking on the shelves today but won't be there come the 1st but so far, I'm drawing a blank.

[​IMG]

9. flirtkakat

flirtkakat Senior member

All is well. Been tempted, off-season sales for winter apparel and all. Coat purchase in May no doubt.

10. Mr Martini

Mr Martini Senior member

So far so good, was about to buy a new jacket but decided i could wash and wear my old columbia from middle school. Its a size to small but with the inner fleece removed it should work for this last week and a half.

11. Claghorn

I resisted the temptations of jrd's tie purge.

12. MyOtherLife

Now entering weekend 3. Behave yourselves. Get out in this beautiful warm spring weather and if it isn't spring where you are, think spring thoughts.

13. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Resisted all temptations this week.

Regarding my penance for earlier: I've set aside the goods to donate to Goodwill.

14. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Cross post from the thrift thread...

15. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

16. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

[​IMG]
    Ten bux.

As to the aforementioned tie, I was supposed to sell the Ben to the kid's mom but I'll just donate it.

I am so weak.

17. MyOtherLife

[​IMG]

That's right...you know what's comin....only I have to turn in and rest, and I won't be back until Tuesday to deal with this.
    I hope, for your sake, that you're sweating up a $300 shirt real good waiting. I'ma give you another 24 hours to stew in your juices.
    For now..you take that haul, all of it, and put it in a trash bag or box and you don't get to even look at it until I get back.
    Dismissed.

I want each of you to sound off and update us on your progress.
    I have been solid strong here, spending not one cent. I took 3 large filled trash bags of clothes to my local friendly thrift stores and donated the lot. Coats, shoes, shirts, pants and jackets, among them, Aquascutum, Zegna, Brooks Brothers, Tod's, Allen Edmonds, Prada, etc., and a bunch of my partners handbags.

18. Claghorn

Still in. I was smart and paid off a bunch of tailoring expenses at the end of March; the fiitings have assuaged the need to buy.

I think I'll be up for May as well. I recently resisted jrd's tie purge and a sale at Allen Edmonds.

Has FCF checked in of late?

19. MyOtherLife

Well done Orwell.
    FCF gas been laying low. Don't know what he's been up to lately.

Private Einstein (Dig) ....I'll ring in later tonight on your treason :)

20. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Just an update on the original transgression. I tried on that BB shirt that I bought for someone else back on the first and I just felt it was too large and long for me. I demonstrated its outsizedness once again to the women in the house, specifically pointing out the length of the sleeves and the spread of the shoulders, both of them inches larger than my own and they agreed that it was, indeed, too large and was fit to send along to its originally intended recipient.

Mitigation. That's all I'm saying.