◆ The JIL SANDER & RAF SIMONS shopper thread ◆

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by _yoo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. il_colonnello

il_colonnello Senior member

2. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015

3. diederik

diederik Well-Known Member

No experience with this particular coat, but early Raf usually fits quite slim / size up usually required.

4. blackakira

blackakira Member

edit*

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015

5. javy

javy Senior member

Does anyone have any info on the "raf simons suits" label? Is it a separate line or is a part of the main raf collection?

[​IMG]

6. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

It's the main line. He started adding the "suits" label in the late 2000s (earliest I've seen is 07)- think of it as the Tailor Made label on Jil suits.

7. echopeople

echopeople New Member

Anyone selling their SS14 Raf x Adidas?

[​IMG]

8. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

I may wanna go to a Raf stock sale taking place in Antwerp this week, has anyone experience with it? Possible to find really good deals?

9. il_colonnello

il_colonnello Senior member

shit you're right

my biggest worry with these kinds of things though is that in the general heat and rush I buy a lot of crap, only to find in the evening I've spent 1k in cash and have a pile of old polo shirts to show for it

especially as I don't live in Antwerp, so there's a severe risk of buying crap just to not have made the trip for nothing

I guess if you're super-self-disciplined...

Margiela sample sale is closer to home for me, maybe I do that one, hoping it will result in a smaller quantity of regrettable crap taken home from it

10. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

I stopped by the Margiela Sale since I was in Brussels, pretty disappointed. Not a lot of stuff, and prices not so interesting. The sales ends next Sunday only so they may drop the prices further in the next few days but 295 euros is still quite pricey

11. smutsik

smutsik New Member

Hey guys, hope I'm not breaking any rules as I'm replying to an old thread.

I've found this guy selling a pair of black Raf Velcros for a great price on Grailed, but the logo on especially one of the shoes seem a little off. I've noticed that it's common for the logo to be a bit off center, but I've never seen any lines around the logo as these have. I asked for a pic of the receipt and everthing seems to add up, but as I asked for name and adress to be able to look the order number up on Mr Porter, he said he "wasn't that desperate to sell them". Mr Porter seemed to recognize the order number though. Would you guys have bought these shoes?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Ancient thread but I thought it should be out there that this season's white velcro hi has a weird definition of "white"--really a light gray. I bought a pair and found out. If I had to put a name on it, I'd call it "zombie skin" white. it's almost light blue. you can see in this product shot how the sole (actually white) doesn't match the shoe's leather.

2017velcrohi.jpg

It's not just the product shots. with my pair irl, in sunlight it's no big deal. indoors it's off enough to be weird. buyer beware.