• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

◆ The JIL SANDER & RAF SIMONS shopper thread ◆

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of seems inappropriate to have Jil and Raf in the same thread now.

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So Jil is back and no one comments? :)

it is not confirmed yet,
but i'd be happy if it was true
í never bought anything she designed, because i was too young pre 2005

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only have one Jil Jil piece because I don't think of Jil when I think of her brand. Still Rach "Professor Fab" should be happy.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I only have one Jil Jil piece because I don't think of Jil when I think of her brand. Still Rach "Professor Fab" should be happy.

Yes he is!

It's hard to believe it's been over ten years. Of course, there was the one (and a half) excellent seasons in 2005-06, but really she's been out since the late 1990's.

My only fear is that fashion really has moved on to other things, including her own brand. I never really got into what Raf did, but I appreciated it from a critical or fashion point of view. The whole minimal/luxe vibe she invented really is rather old hat, and brands like Bottega Veneta have taken it into interesting, fun, and romantic territory (simple, luxe fabrics, soft colors, etc.)

Another problem is that we have SO many other options now, including entry-level brands like Uniqlo and such, that also do the minimal vibe for less money, even her own +J collection. Fashion shoppers now are not looking for that anti-80's minimal chic... they are much smarter, more informed, more discerning customers who know they have a LOT more options than when she did a men's line in 1998.

So, the jury is still out whether this is a great idea or not, BUT still I think it's great she's back at the helm. I said the same things above in 2005 and was blown away by one of my "top 10 of all time" collections (ss 2005.)

Now if only Helmut Lang would come back, I could get most of my wardrobe back. :lol:

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What site has good pics of Jil under Jil collections? Or is just a good runway archive in general? GQ seems to only have SS06 onward.

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes he is!
It's hard to believe it's been over ten years. Of course, there was the one (and a half) excellent seasons in 2005-06, but really she's been out since the late 1990's.
My only fear is that fashion really has moved on to other things, including her own brand. I never really got into what Raf did, but I appreciated it from a critical or fashion point of view. The whole minimal/luxe vibe she invented really is rather old hat, and brands like Bottega Veneta have taken it into interesting, fun, and romantic territory (simple, luxe fabrics, soft colors, etc.)
Another problem is that we have SO many other options now, including entry-level brands like Uniqlo and such, that also do the minimal vibe for less money, even her own +J collection. Fashion shoppers now are not looking for that anti-80's minimal chic... they are much smarter, more informed, more discerning customers who know they have a LOT more options than when she did a men's line in 1998.
So, the jury is still out whether this is a great idea or not, BUT still I think it's great she's back at the helm. I said the same things above in 2005 and was blown away by one of my "top 10 of all time" collections (ss 2005.)
Now if only Helmut Lang would come back, I could get most of my wardrobe back. :lol:

Doesn't Helmut Lang also do minimilistic designs?

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Kris van assche leaving Dior?? Because there´s talk of raf simons taking over the creative director position.

UserName84

Reaction score
The opening looks and pastel colors of the last collection for women look really good.

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Is Kris van assche leaving Dior?? Because there´s talk of raf simons taking over the creative director position.

No, that was for the women's collection. I wish, though, KVA is a ****** designer and a really bad fit for DH.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hapsical just blew my mind. Simons dated Branquinho? dude was getting it in!!

oh and I love KVA.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads