◆ The JIL SANDER & RAF SIMONS shopper thread ◆

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by _yoo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

2. artmovement

artmovement Member

Not entirely. I got the "R" logo shirt in white for $93 @ Park & Bond. Gilt is selling for $149 atm. But the trousers are cheap. Ties are ridiculously expensive @ $129. More than a pair of wool trousers? I think not. I have no clue how they price those things. But I must say all shoes are great deals on Gilt now. It is indeed great that Gilt brings back the Raf Simons sale again. I just wish they put them back on Park & Bond because some of the items on Gilt are still on my watch list on P&B which should have been at a much lower price.

3. artmovement

artmovement Member

Yes. The same. Just different season. You got a good deal anyway. Congratz!

4. artmovement

artmovement Member

JIL SANDER MEN'S CALF LEATHER LACE UP SHOE

[​IMG]

Oki-ni sold out this style. Anyone know where else I can find this style? Fall/Winter 2011-12.

Cheers.

5. _yoo

_yoo Senior member

^check out zappos couture, they have them in 42 and 43 - dunno if either is your size (and given it's zappos, probably tons of coupons out there)
    i'll keep an eye out

not that I'm aware of .. there's Isolate Heros and the Four Sex, but neither is directly about Raf's fashion design. someone more knowledgeable than me should jump in!
    and whoever got the Redux from here got a good deal..

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012

6. _yoo

_yoo Senior member

I also stocked up on those derbies, though GILT's 'retail price' is so bizarre (and sizes so complete) that I have an somewhat uneasy feeling those might be 'made for gilt' (apparently 30% of GILT stock, I couldn't tell from pictures though). I'll compare them w/ the ones I kopped from P&B and MR Porter when they arrive.

Also, dug up another stockist which many will have been familiar with from eBay
    http://www.lostlaundry.co.uk/raf-simons-154-c.asp
    But the e-Store has a better inventory and pricing - and it takes off VAT.

UPDATE 2/21: just got a pair of raf pants I ordered from lostlaundry, item's conditions and measurements are exactly as described on website, and shipping only took 3 business days. awesome experience overall.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012

7. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

I was talking the retail price. I mean on gilt. raf shoe selling at 300 compare to retail 500 but PnB full retail price is like 900 i think?

8. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Thank a lot Yoo. Please do that. I wonder why Gilt this time raf derby is so cheap. If they are the same shoe sold at PnB they should put there and selling at higher price? :puzzled:

Anyway, Yes. Please compare the one from Gilt to PnB/Porter once it arrived. What size did you order?

9. artmovement

artmovement Member

Ahh... I see. Isn't Gilt is suppose to be a deal only thing? I mean they did crossed out the "original" pricing which was not original at all. The full retail fresh out of new season was $900. PnB had several sales like 30%, 50%, and final sale of 70% I think. All in all today's deal was great.

BTW, Jil Sander online store has these two in stock again: http://store.jilsander.com/navigati...hresult/slide/gender/U/season/secondary/c/671

Cheers,

10. hapsical

hapsical Member

As people have noted, there were three versions of the chain derbies: with a flat chain around the welt, with a 'standing up' chunky chain around the welt and with chain around the toe only. They were all available to buy in the showroom in three chain colours (gold, silver and black) so all have gone into production in theory, but most retailers seem to have chosen the flat chain version. Oki-Ni and some of the more "out there" retailers may have ordered the chunky chain ones.

Colette stocks the ones with the chain on the toe, as well as the plain derbies with no chain.

[​IMG]

11. Richmondfrank

Richmondfrank Active Member

New copies of Redux are available here: http://www.copyrightbookshop.be/en/books/details/3694/0. I purchased a copy a few weeks ago. It's a little underwhelming but I still recommend it for Raf fans.

12. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

That is what he has been trying to convey since page 13. :facepalm:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012

13. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

hapsical speaks the truth!

btw i received the gilt derbies today (that was fast). and i am happy to announce that they are exactly the same as the ones i've purchased from mr porter fw11 :thumbs-up:

also, last season p&b were selling them for $780; the corner and porter were selling them for $900. i have no idea why gilt stated the retail of these as $500.

14. adrianclement

adrianclement Active Member

Thanks for the heads-up! I just ordered a copy.

15. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

if anyone doesn't want their 40/41 raf derbies from Gilt I'll take em