1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

◆ The JIL SANDER & RAF SIMONS shopper thread ◆

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by _yoo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Richmondfrank

Richmondfrank Active Member

New copies of Redux are available here: http://www.copyrightbookshop.be/en/books/details/3694/0. I purchased a copy a few weeks ago. It's a little underwhelming but I still recommend it for Raf fans.

2. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

That is what he has been trying to convey since page 13. :facepalm:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  3. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

hapsical speaks the truth!

btw i received the gilt derbies today (that was fast). and i am happy to announce that they are exactly the same as the ones i've purchased from mr porter fw11 :thumbs-up:

also, last season p&b were selling them for $780; the corner and porter were selling them for $900. i have no idea why gilt stated the retail of these as $500.

2 people like this.
  4. adrianclement

adrianclement Active Member

Thanks for the heads-up! I just ordered a copy.

5. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

if anyone doesn't want their 40/41 raf derbies from Gilt I'll take em

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^add me to that list..

7. adrianclement

adrianclement Active Member

[​IMG]

I'm on the hunt for this Jil Sander belt at the moment, from the A/W '11 collection. If anyone sees one for sale/has one that they'd like to part with, I'm a size 85 or 90. All ears.

8. jwoowoo

jwoowoo Senior member

I might have a 40 coming in the mail that I will sell. Just need to see how they fit.

9. _yoo

_yoo Senior member

Good to hear! I'm expecting mine to arrive today UPDATE: got the derbies, Stevie is correct, the quality, construction and leather on these are indistinguishable from the ones sold on MR Porter and Park & Bond. (update: I find that I can wear either 40 or 41 depending on hem sizes; if anyone has a new pair of 41s and wants to trade for a new pair of 40s, lemme know)

Raf is in NYC for fashion week, and seems to have arrived the day of the gilt sale. I wonder if he personally brought those fw11 pieces :alien:

w/ Cathy Horyn
    [​IMG]

thanks for sharing. that's a steal compared to those amazon used prices.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  10. Aeneas

Aeneas Senior member

Book looks legit, but $50...(I suppose it really isn't to bad considering it is over 200 pages) This picture is very cool (from the preview) [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  11. _yoo

_yoo Senior member

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  12. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Anyone has seen this knit in person?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

No...but make sure you buy it for your never to be seen wardrobe.

14. GoldenTribe

I saw the short sleeve version (otherwise identical) at Holt Renfrew and I wasn't impressed. It's not as chunky/thick-gauge in real life as it looks in all the macro shots they are spreading around and the stretchiness felt sort of weird.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  15. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

GT r u talking about the one priced at 2800? Or same sweater just short sleeve?

The one I post price is 990

16. GoldenTribe

I said "otherwise identical" for a reason. :p

It was this one in blue (same colourway as LS version you posted, both are 100% cotton) for 990 or 995:

[​IMG]

The $2800 one was a nylon blend with a wide neck and the weave looked slightly different (I haven't seen it in person and AFAIK only Oki-Ni had it):

[​IMG]

17. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Thanks. The 2800 one only oki-ni has it and sold out

:happy:

18. GoldenTribe

I would try on the other one if possible before buying, it has the stretchiness of a loose-weave fabric to it like I said (almost feels like some elastane content), but in addition to that, LVR told me "The sample size is the one that the model is wearing on the picture. The size 50 is the only one available to purchase and it fits really tight." Hard to say how those two factors would interact.

19. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

I wear jil siz 52 knits. Size 50 is way too tight on the body. Places carry the sweater, oki-ni, bergdorf, LVR, and jil e-boutique. Bergdorf has some bigger sizes.

20. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Raf Simons holds a special place in my heart, he's the first designer that really got me into clothes. This piece is the first designer thing I've ever bought:

[​IMG]

Kinda regret selling it, even though it felt like there were lice woven into it.

Here is my favorite tank, from Raf's S/S05 collection, (History of The World) excuse my ILS :lol:

[​IMG]

For some reason I only have some of his tanks, from ss06, ss07, etc, nothing groundbreaking.

Raf Simons fw06 and Jil Sander fw07 are my alltime favorite collections, would do unholy things to get my hands on a few pieces.

1 person likes this.