• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

~≈~≈~ Is the Gucci script enough to ruin these shoes? [NEW IMAGE] ~≈~≈~

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wondering why there's so much hate for Gucci but so much love for Tom Ford.

Joe Cool

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Made in California
That's sort of why I thought they were cool: They took a shoe that was not meant to be trendy and added a unique coloration to it to make it current.]

Word around the campfire is the spray paint shoe highlighting craze is unlikely to carry its mojo into the new year.

You've been warned

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
Just wondering why there's so much hate for Gucci but so much love for Tom Ford.
That surprises me ... love for Tom Ford ... on Style Forum? Tell me this isn't so.

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
The logo does not bother me, but the clunky, dated shape does.

+

Originally Posted by Maximus Rex
Honestly, with the rubber sole and odd blue spray-paint effect, they scream "outlet mall bargain bin" or Filene's basement at best. You could probably get away with using them at a club if you're in your 20s, but that's about it, unfortunately.

The problem with the shoes is that they do not seem like they are part of Gucci's new look (see below). They look like a "mistake" that has been relegated to the discount store and ultra-sale.

Cioni2k shows a look that perhaps might not be liked here at SF, but represents a "real" offering by Gucci.

Originally Posted by cioni2k
0417827295586R_300x400.jpg

Gucci. MSRP $535

0417803114009R_CLIGHTBROWN_300x400.jpg

Gucci. MSRP $550

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally think that Gucci loafers posted by the OP are really ugly. But i also wouldn't ever wear that style of a more clunky loafer.

-LR

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Was at Nordstrom tonight- they had a pair of Cole Haan's with the blue spraypaint treatment. If the Gucci's are similar in any way, avoid at all costs. A total abortion.
3353644.jpg
7b45b89ae2boobs.jpg.jpg

Petrus1

Reaction score
Where do you guys find this crap? On ebay? lol
I have never once in 40 years seen the Gucci name stamped on their shoes. Probably some junk made in China.

Made in California

Reaction score
^ I respectfully encourage you to read the first sentence of the OP for your answer. I like how in both this and Gooch's thread your only mention is "You guys must get your shoes on ebay." I don't know how you got that impression. Go to the website mentioned in the OP and you can see these same shoes in a different color, in addition to oxfords with the same script print. I refuse to provide a link.

Petrus1

Reaction score
Sure, go to some discount website set up by some shyster last year
lol8[1].gif

Don't take the word of a man of taste and experience.

Made in California

Reaction score
Basically my thoughts on this were that despite an overwhelmingly unfavorable response to the pic I posted, I was still really inclined to get these penny loafers. I thought that the response could quite possibly be that the only good picture I could get had to be taken with flash, thus making the blue seem much more obvious and cheap. Also, I know I have to take things with a refined grain of salt when I'm posting in MC and not going for a trad image. I thought about what another member said to some newb in a thread a while back who was thinking about getting like an Emporio Armani suit at MSRP or something like that. The SFer said to the nooblet, "Buy it, you need to learn a lesson." The point being if he never buys a middling to cheap suit for way too much money, he won't understand why SF rags on these brands. And that was basically my thought here. I didn't really see why there was so much hate for moss/spray paint look, or why it's unthinkable to have refined grain (and believe me, I get it, I just think it's an overreaction), and why the dated shape couldn't be overcome by the modern color scheme. So I went into DSW yesterday to get them. I figure either one of two things will happen: 1) I will get the shoes, they will look awesome, and I will throw up the sickest fit pics and put everyone to shame and get laid even more 2) SF will be right, the shoes not go with anything, will look terrible and I will lose my interest in the spray paint, refined grain look and I'll just be paying for experience. To my surprise, a THIRD and as yet unconsidered resolution materialized: So I go in and try them on again, and I realize that the size I originally tried cinches the top of my foot and would render them almost unwearable after long wear, and in the size up the heel is way too large and also not even worth considering. So it doesn't matter if I like them. I can't get the shoes, but I hope everyone enjoyed this thread as much as I did. Epilogue: While I was there I did, however, get a pair of loafers (see below)

Made in California

Reaction score
img3353copy2.jpg
img3350copy2.jpg

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the second pic, the tongue (do loafers have a tongue?!) looks rather long and high, but on the whole I'd say you had a lucky escape.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Made in California
img3350copy2.jpg

Much better. And, since I gave you a ton of **** before, I will confess to you that I own this shoe in white.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads