1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

“I Went To Wharton. It Goes Without Saying That You Should Want To F*** Me.”

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by millionaire75, Oct 11, 2007.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

He doesn't have a Wharton MBA like he brags. His website says he "took classes at the Wharton School of Business".

I think we should introduce him to Eric Glennie. [​IMG]

I took classes at wharton, too. 3 classes - which makes me about 27 short of an MBA. I am guessing that he is in the same boat. I just don't usually tell anybody about mine.

2. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

I took classes at wharton, too. 3 classes - which makes me about 27 short of an MBA. I am guessing that he is in the same boat. I just don't usually tell anybody about mine.

My God, just think of all the prime hotties you're missing out on!

3. mizanation

mizanation Senior member

U Penn really needs to have a stricter admissions policy.

4. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

I just wrote a recommendation for someone who is applying there but after reading about other Whatron "alums" on this thread I feelobligated to tell him to find another school. [​IMG]

5. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

I didn't even take classes at Wharton, but I went there too.

It was on a recruiting trip for my employer and we were interviewing undergraduate students. The door to one the buildings I went into said Wharton school of business though.

Maybe I should have used that line when I was dating. [​IMG]

6. lefty

lefty Senior member

Does anyone know what an "˜aristocrat' accent is?

Jon.

Thurston Howell the Third?

lefty

7. Trilby

Trilby Senior member

Does anyone know what an "˜aristocrat' accent is?

Is that how he talks when he is working as a "costumed character"?

8. mizanation

mizanation Senior member

9. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

Holy shit! That commercial was awesome!

Also, can you believe that he has met such respected celebrities as Luke Perry and Toby Keith?

We are not worthy!

10. coachvu

coachvu Senior member

His website says he was a utility stand-in for LeAnn Rimes. I'm not really sure how to interpret that.

11. dokelroth

dokelroth Senior member

What am I to make of the following photographs?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

I don't quite get the part about bragging about "bench pressing 1,200 pounds four times a week." Obviously this does not represent a single effort...so what the hell is he doing? If he can do four reps with 300 pounds, I would be very impressed. If he is doing 12 reps with 100 pounds, I would not be impressed in the least.

13. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

His modeling resume:

PRINT & ROLES

Holiday Inn - Waterpark Frolicker

International Trucks - Mobile Phone Guy (National Ad)

Jezebel Magaine - Best Dressed Atlantan 2002

Columbus Dispatch - What I Wear "Brace Yourself!" Article

WEBSITE & ROLE

Stuff4Greeks.com - Sigma Nu Fraternity Clothing Model

RUNWAY & DESIGNERS

Wright Models - Gingiss, Silverman's, Chess King

Martini Girl's World - Evening Wear

I suppose the joker in the red shorts is him:

[​IMG]

14. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

Montreal has its own version

http://www.vincentboucher.com/

I actually lived in the same building as him, and went to the same gym. He's completely nuts. He would post pictures of him and his girlfriend, and has pro photographs taken of himself. He's completely insane. Why are there guys like this?

15. millionaire75

millionaire75 Senior member

I think these people are "functioning maniacs" simply said. Kind of like functioning alcoholics of functionting junkies. The scary thing is how many people actually think like these guys but do not have a website advertising it?

16. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

I think these people are "functioning maniacs" simply said.

I really think you might be on to something

17. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

It reminds me of this, which I saw the other day (supposedly it comes from Craig's List):
    What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I'm tired of beating around the bush. I'm a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I'm articulate and classy. I'm not from New York. I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don't think I'm overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average around 200 - 250. But that's where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won't get me to central park west. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she's not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

- Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics- bars, restaurants, gyms.

-What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won't hurt my feelings.

-Is there an age range I should be targeting (I'm 25)?

- Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east side so plain? I've seen really 'plain jane' boring types who have nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I've seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What's the story there?

- Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows - lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

- How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY.

Please hold your insults - I'm putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I'm being up front about it. I wouldn't be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn't able to match them - in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

PostingID: 432279810

THE ANSWER

Dear Pers-431649184:

I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament. Firstly, I'm not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is, I make more than $500K per year. That said here's how I see it.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a cr@ppy business deal. Here's why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here's the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity...in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold...hence the rub...marriage. It doesn't make good business sense to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease. In case you think I'm being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It's as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as "articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful" as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K hasn't found you, if only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn't need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you're going about it the right way. Classic "pump and dump."

I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know.

18. millionaire75

millionaire75 Senior member

19. mizanation

mizanation Senior member

i love this message board.