1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

1. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

4est is so kawaii.

2. Robstrongo

Robstrongo Senior Member

Thanks for the help guys! The sleeves are unhemed and I folded them inside which may be causing some of the arm ripples. There is a good amount of shoulder extension and chest drape IRL, but the armholes are a little high/tight and the sleeve pitch looks a little off. Not sure sizing up is an option though. The trouser waist needs to come in about 2 inches already plus they need to be let out at the hip/thigh a little. I will try to get better pics in better light tomorrow.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014

3. Steel28

Steel28 Distinguished Member

I'm crushed. Brunello side zips are half size too big. Leather, last and everything about these is sick. Need to get size 41 that is sold out.

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

Damn. Close enough that a decent sized insole could work?

5. Steel28

Steel28 Distinguished Member

Don't think so. Oh well, maybe Greg restock these in the future.

6. Gus

Gus Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

It is very hard to give good quality feedback when you post a photo and add "I apologize for the crappy iPhone picture." If you want the best possible feedback, take a photo from more than one angle and in good, natural light. I would ignore any feedback based upon the photo you provided. There are many people here who can give good feedback but it can't happen without a good pic.

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

What's the sizing advice on the Heschung chukka. I believe they run big but can't remeber the guidance. They seem to be pulling me in more with each passing day...

8. Sotiris

Sotiris Senior Member

I went half size down with the Nils chukka and a full size down with the Malko boot. Both seem to work well.

With this season's Genet chukka it looks like I'd want to go down a full size like the Malko but I'm not 100% sure on that.

9. AJL

AJL Distinguished Member

I also find the armholes high n tight and will be looking into lowering/ widening a bit, which I'm told is not too big a deal for a competent tailor.

I went down a full size and still find it a very comfortable, not particularly snug fit. It is an elongated last as Greg pointed out, so there's still a bit of room up front. Great look, great last, highly recommended (I went with oak brown).

10. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Distinguished Member

I wear a size 9.5 shoe. Both of my Heschung boots -- the Malko boot from NMWA and a derby boot with lace/strap closing from Yoox -- are marked size 8 1/2. Both NMWA and Yoox used the US size = UK size + 0.5 convention, so I bought the boots in size 9.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014

11. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Some shots from the trunk show. More to come later. Thanks a ton to all who came and all the kind words about the store. It was a little bit of love fest for me - not used to have so many people come to me to tell me they love my work (I used to work on Wall St...) Big thanks to the SF crew @LA Guy, @unbelragazzo, @Synthese and Jen. Also to Andrew from Inis Meain and to @NickPollica and Quinton from Eidos - the most passionate, dedicated and hard-working crew
    [​IMG] In a mountaineering mood

12. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

13. Robstrongo

Robstrongo Senior Member

Here are some better pics of the navy Minnis Formosa. What do you guys think.
    [​IMG]

Jacket close up:
    [​IMG]

14. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

I might be biased but that looks pretty great IMHO. Shoulders and chest drape are very flattering. Left sleeve is quite clean. Right one could maybe use a bit of work if you're picky. You could go a little bit longer maybe, but not much. The picture also might be a little bit off based on the fact that your feet seem to look really big compared to the rest of you. Maybe that's just me.

Side note, that shirt collar looks very nice on you.

15. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior Member

I have the Nils chukka and the Genet chukka, and I find that the fit is very similar, if not identical. I went down half a size in both. I wear US 9.5/UK 8.5 and I have them in size 9. There is a little room in the front, but I think that is as it is meant to be. I like both very much, although I am having the Genet re-soled in Dainite.