• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I let my tailor keep stuff for a week because I'm not in a hurry. A few weeks... Tailor must be wearing them.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two weeks is typical turnaround with them and it's on the pricier side. But he knows what he's doing and his seamstresses are great.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My tailor/seamstress usually has a 1 - 2 week turnaround. Worth it tho for the peace of mind.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Two weeks is typical turnaround with them and it's on the pricier side. But he knows what he's doing and his seamstresses are great.

As long as he is good...that's all that matters. I can take trousers to a dry cleaner/alterations nearby and they do a good job. Minor waist adjustment and hemming is all I would let them do. For everything else, my tailor would take a few weeks, is expensive, and the results are meh.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hello

I clicked on your banner advert regarding Eidos MTM trunk show and special opportunities for people who can't make it.
I'm based in England... I love what I have seen of eidos.

Sorry about my ignorance but what does MTM mean in this instance?
Is it selecting fabrics you like, or actually providing your body measurements for a garment to be made to your spec?

Hi - we will only be offering MTM for those who can attend in person, try on the garments and be measured for MTM adjustments. For those who already know their size in a particular Eidos model, we'll be happy to help them place an MTO order.

MTM for Eidos means a good number of adjustments to the stock jacket pattern (shoulder point-to-point, waist, length, sleeve length), and a whole lot of options for specifications (fabric, buttons, lining, vents, lapels, pockets, even collar melton

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got shown this brand from a friend. Nice stuff, especially like the outerwear.
I went through a good number of pages in the thread and didnt see a definitive answer.

Do they restock items like the Eidos jackets? Or is it more of a one off run and when they are gone they are gone?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I just got shown this brand from a friend. Nice stuff, especially like the outerwear.
I went through a good number of pages in the thread and didnt see a definitive answer.

Do they restock items like the Eidos jackets? Or is it more of a one off run and when they are gone they are gone?

Most stuff like the field jacket I believe is a seasonal item and once their gone, their gone. On top of that you have to be quick around here! There are some professional koppers!!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock items are not being restocked by most are available for MTO orders through Eidos's MTM program. It takes a few weeks but this is worth it if you want something that's sold out. It usually is a little more expensive to get MTO rather than a stock garment, but not this week with the trunk show discount.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate that the Trunk Show is not on a Sunday, this year. :(

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Welp, norwegers kopped along with 2 dragon squares!!

Thanks to @DerekS and @Murlsquirl for pushing me over the edge.

Very nice Murl! And congrats Stitchy!!

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My poor attempt to capture the great color of these Rota

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who are you using in Chicago? I've been using Maria at Golden Needle and am happy with her work, but the prices and turnaround time have doubled over the past couple years.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who are you using in Chicago?  I've been using Maria at Golden Needle and am happy with her work, but the prices and turnaround time have doubled over the past couple years.

Nick at Oak Street Tailors. Chris Despos recommended him to me. I have heard him recommend Maria to other people, but I have been happy with Nick.

And he just called to let me know everything's ready. I think it was actually right at the two week mark as promised.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nick at Oak Street Tailors. Chris Despos recommended him to me. I have heard him recommend Maria to other people, but I have been happy with Nick.

And he just called to let me know everything's ready. I think it was actually right at the two week mark as promised.

fistbump.gif
Need to pick up some tweed and flannel pants from Maria today as well. Looking forward to seeing some fit pics of that Cantarelli tweed jacket you posted earlier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads