• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear 40 in both. (I am a slim 40R/true 39R and usually buy a 40R and have the sides taken in.) The Formosa is bigger, but not so much so that I would size down.

I'm glad to hav someone in the same size for the reference AC! Going to make some Eidos and Formosa entry soon.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wearing the stonewall out tonight. In New York for just a few months and already I've got a goddamn black turtleneck.

I really, really don't count that as a black turtleneck... That sweater stands on its own.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya. febreze that dirty sheep!

Last edited:

Sotiris

Reaction score
Looks great. Someone return a M please.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm with Mr. Six that the fundamental issue for me with 8cm is the width at the knot and less so at the bottom of the blade. That said, I would prefer 9cm ties if I owned a Formosa given the size of the lapels for proportion.

As a shorter, stockier, guy, I have never had an issue with 8cm tie knot width.

And as to Formosa, I have worn a number of 8cm ties with my Formosa suits and have not had an issue.

For those wearing 38 in Eidos, do you wear the same size in Formosa?

Not that this helps necessarily, I have one Eidos, Tipo cut, in a 52, and its quite snug, like, snuggest possible without being the wrong size. I imagine 54 would be better, which is what I wear in Formosa.

Stonewall Inis is up

Its not the only thing thats up! AYO!

---

Lol Murl.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, it has not gone live, from what I have seen. And I feel like it smells kind of like a petting zoo.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As a shorter, stockier, guy, I have never had an issue with 8cm tie knot width.
I don't doubt it, from what I remember of some of your fits.

These are all pretty small differences in the end. It's good to be ok with variation. This is a Drake's from a few days ago, FIH (from NMWA):

My current shirts are higher in the front part of the collar but this knot would still be fine on those. A DFIH would be too thick for this fit. Murl's tie, (silk?), might be slightly less substantial than this wool/silk/mohair blend in its knots.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eidos MTO/MTM is open for orders. At this point, we'll only be doing MTM in person and MTO as mail order - unless the MTM is a very simple modification of a regular size (e.g. add an inch here or take in an inch there). I really loathe online MTM and I don't want to go that direction.

Also we'll be doing an Eidos MTM event at the upcoming SF trunk show in NYC and Antonio and Quinton will be there to fit you and help you pick fabrics and details. For that event, No Man Walks Alone will be offering 20% off MTM and MTO orders.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Eidos MTO/MTM is open for orders. At this point, we'll only be doing MTM in person and MTO as mail order - unless the MTM is a very simple modification of a regular size (e.g. add an inch here or take in an inch there). I really loathe online MTM and I don't want to go that direction.

Also we'll be doing an Eidos MTM event at the upcoming SF trunk show in NYC and Antonio and Quinton will be there to fit you and help you pick fabrics and details. For that event, No Man Walks Alone will be offering 20% off MTM and MTO orders.

Email coming your way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics