• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@FC, great look with the Port Flannel. I am right between sizes on the two I have but your pic makes me go size up. I like the bit more relaxed look and after all they should be too fitted. Plus I think given the nature of the cotton that they would be easy to shrink a bit if needed. 

I took size up one to mean go from M to L. And then my only thought is that maybe XL might be an option, but I don't think I really need anymore room in the shirt. Anyway, I'm going to wear the L in the grey/red that's sold out in L and XL. Not sure if I'll cut the tag on the blue herringbone... Probably. What the heck.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Frank is such a boss and Unbel is Justin Timberlake

@Newcomer Jacket looks nice. Curious do you wear your jacket all day at work even when at a desk, or do you take it on and off as you leave the premise i.e. to go use the restroom?

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looking good, Frank! Good decision to wear it for a while before making anymore alterations.

Thanks. What I don't want to do is get this jacket and then immediately decide that I know better than Formosa (and Greg and all the others who have shown how nice these pieces look) and nip here and tuck there and end up with something that's a different beast (and likely degrade the quality of the tailoring at the same time... no offense to my tailor... assume he's not here right now... but I doubt he works at the same level as the Formosa tailors).

Frank is such a boss and Unbel is Justin Timberlake

@Newcomer Jacket looks nice. Curious do you wear your jacket all day at work even when at a desk, or do you take it on and off as you leave the premise i.e. to go use the restroom?

Ha ha. Boss internetz. Or at least Boss Kopper once again.

Thanks.

Last edited:

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
A quick PSA for those talking about the Mountain Parka earlier - a size 40 is now back in stock due to a modified order.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey @conceptual 4est congrats on the PTO feature:
http://putthison.com/post/100673074263/real-people-not-taking-yourself-too-seriously-my
All that hard work pretending like you don't take yourself too seriously is finally paying off.

Fantastic news, Kyle!

Saw that too....congrats! Kyle has that nonchalant style...the type that just wakes up and throws together awesome stuff without much thought. Even if that isn't the case, bravo for making it appear so.

It is the case IRL too.

and Unbel is Justin Timberlake

Yes, they weight about the same. :stirpot:

---

Frank - Formosa looks great to me.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It depends. If meeting with clients, I keep it on. If at my desk, I usually take it off. And then I always put it on when I go out of the office. Generally keep it off when going to the bathroom though haha.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I took size up one to mean go from M to L. And then my only thought is that maybe XL might be an option, but I don't think I really need anymore room in the shirt. Anyway, I'm going to wear the L in the grey/red that's sold out in L and XL. Not sure if I'll cut the tag on the blue herringbone... Probably. What the heck.

sizing looked good based off the pic. Does the L feel tight?

Got a grey/red XL here... ;)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sizing looked good based off the pic. Does the L feel tight?

Got a grey/red XL here... ;)

Nope not tight anywhere. It's a generally trim cut, as advertised. I might make the sleeves a hair longer, if I could choose, and I think the shoulder yoke wouldn't be bad for me in an XL, but I don't think it's worth sizing up.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The curse of the 40/50ies, I got the first, steel28(?) the second and last.

I got size 38 in Mountain Parka my friend..and hope it will fit. I'm between 38R and 40R in coats and as per Greg, I went with 38. Can't wait to get it. I wanted to try 40 as well but it was already sold out.

Now, I'm getting my SS FW charcoal Merino this Saturday in size V and REALLY hoping the fit is good. For some reason I have a good feeling :slayer:

Last edited:

JL724

Reaction score
Planning on having any of the peccary gloves at the pop up show?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nope not tight anywhere. It's a generally trim cut, as advertised. I might make the sleeves a hair longer, if I could choose, and I think the shoulder yoke wouldn't be bad for me in an XL, but I don't think it's worth sizing up.

sounds like we are in a similar spot. I have the XL and XXL. The XL is a bit tight in the chest but fits everywhere else. The XXL is better int he chest but a bit bulky everywhere else. While the best answer is to lose a few lbs....I am considering the XXL. I feel like I would be able to give these a hot wash and shrink it up a bit. The XL is really close to perfect but any tighter would be too tight. decisions decision...

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Slightly larger and a careful hot wash and dry seems like a good course. I know you don't want sloppy, but fortunately it's a flannel, so we don't have to be too fussy. You can rip holes in it eventually...

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:D 40:
[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
42:
[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
I prefer size 42 from these pictures. I got lucky again and just snugged size 40 that reappeared in the system (thanks Kyle and Greg once again).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads