٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

Note that I am wearing just a t-shirt underneath. The 42 felt a little better. I think especially if I were wearing a sweater underneath, that's the size I would want.

2. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Port Flannel: very nice! I need to grab one of those, looks very comfortable, and they are a solid price.

Bulls Wool: awesome, now I really want that ecru one! How warm does it wear? I will find out in a couple hours... but patience has never been my strength.

Formosa: shoulders look right on, length looks good, and the sleeves drape well. The waist could probably be nipped a bit though. Open, it looks a bit large on you, but IME, I rarely, if ever, wear my Formosa open, as I find it looks much better buttoned. And of course, I am not sure the Bulls Wool is the best layering piece :). If I were you, I would probably give it a little bit of wear though. I have found that the Formosas really meld to your body after a half a dozen wears, once the fabric wears in and such.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  3. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

@conceptual 4est
    Thank you, Kyle. You should have told a joke, for a happy smile.

4. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

Oh yeah, and thank you about the kind words about the article on Put This On!

I can confirm that I do indeed put very little thought into what I wear in the morning, but a slightly inordinate amount of thought into what I buy for myself. I think we're all a bit on the end of the spectrum though, no?

5. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Thanks. I took a few in that strong sunlight with just the Port Flannel underneath. I'll post those a little later and we can see what people think.

Only had the bulls wool on briefly. I think it will wear fairly warm, but more only top layer needed on a cool day warm.

And thanks for the input on the Formosa. I want to do as little as possible to it. I am going to take your advice and wear it around a bit. I think the photos we've seen of the jackets worn in a little look really great. Can always nip the waist later. No hurry.

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

@FC, great look with the Port Flannel. I am right between sizes on the two I have but your pic makes me go size up. I like the bit more relaxed look and after all they should be too fitted. Plus I think given the nature of the cotton that they would be easy to shrink a bit if needed.

7. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Thanks for the heads up!

And I am with you there. With my first Formosa, I thought I was going to nip the waist, and have not done a darn thing to it yet.

Here is a picture out of it (a) right out of the box, and (b) after a few wears:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, realized that I had a lot of NMWA gear on today, and snapped a quick work bathroom selfie, which is always kosher in these parts.

[​IMG]

8. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Looking good, Frank! Good decision to wear it for a while before making anymore alterations.

9. AJL

AJL Senior member

I just got porked by Wilkes Bashford.

Was smitten by Heschung Genet chukkas when I visited NMWA office back in early Sept, but unfortunately they did not receive the US 7's they had ordered. Subsequently I tracked them down and purchased them from WB just now.

Short story: WIlkes Bashford $625 + shipping, NMWA $465, free shipping. It's times like this I'm reminded of how good we've got it at NMWA.

10. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

Certainly am. Thanks a lot again for the great help to you both, David and you. Avoided ending up with a non perfect fit that way. Mission accomplished. :)

11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Should have referred to you as conceptual 4est. :satisfied: Who's this Kyle?

Port Flannels are scheduled for delivery today... crossing my fingers for sizing.

12. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Navy and blue twill MTO Eidos Field Jacket. :teach:

13. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

Thank you for taking the time. That worked out well.
    May I trouble you with one more question? Have you tried the Eidos Field Jacket and if, is your size a 52 or 54? In my view the 54 looks a little trim on Greg. Granted, he wears a jacket underneath, I believe, so there can't be too much room left. If my feeling was justified, a sizing up might be beneficial after all. Hmm...

14. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

any fit pics or measurements of the following is much appreciated...

- Valstar field jacket in 38
    - GRP A1 style cardigan in sz 3

15. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

I liked the 52 on me in the field jacket. But I probably wouldn't wear it over a sport coat very often.