• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw those and thought of you since I saw a few hat-related questions on various boards. How did you size it? That purple one looks great.

ha, thanks. We all know far too much about each other
rotflmao.gif

there is only one size for them. I have a medium sized head (I think, at least) and there is enough room that it doesn't look like a skull cap but not too much that it looks like a stocking cap. Great size for sure. They are seriously awesome. So much so I may grab the straight grey one as well.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ha, thanks. We all know far too much about each other
rotflmao.gif

there is only one size for them. I have a medium sized head (I think, at least) and there is enough room that it doesn't look like a skull cap but not too much that it looks like a stocking cap. Great size for sure. They are seriously awesome. So much so I may grab the straight grey one as well.
Hrrmph - thought I saw a size drop down for those but I haven't slept in weeks and might be confused.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the new Mackintosh quilted coats are up. For those who remember them from last year - they're just the right weight (reasonably light) for layering on top of a jacket, the details are quite nice (trims, snapped vents) and the value is really excellent for something like this, made in Scotland

This year, we added two styles of the single-breasted cousin of the Alva : the Waverly

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also up is this really cool melton wool blazer by Monitaly - it's really outerwear, thick melton like a peacoat, great contrasting undercollar. The material and the whimsical details of the buttons really make that piece.

Last but not least, our latest Valstar arrival : wool twill field coat with tasteful suede and leather details, and Thermore insulation for colder days

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's cool with me :) .  Agreed regarding a turtleneck with shirt underneath.  I was speaking of the alternative - wearing alone/with just an undershirt - where I think a turtleneck looks better.

Indeed. But If I chose to wear just a sweater with an undershirt underneath, that would require me to change the entire look that I was going for. Meaning to say, essentially, for the look that I was going for, I made the best choice possible regarding the neck of the sweater.

:)

;)

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
That Melton blazer is sweet. Just FYI, there seems to be a glitch with the website posting for that one -- as was mentioned with the hats, there's only a quantity drop-down and no size drop-down.
Presumably it comes in more than one size . . .

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ymmv, I guess, but crew and turtle necks are probably my 2 least favorite sweater necks. I much prefer a shawl neck, or a high button neck. I cant possibly see a crew neck looking better in that combo of mine and a turtleneck cant be worn with a shirt underneath, thus removing the ever awesome option of layering.

So, while you are more than entitled to your opinion, I stand by my choice.
smile.gif

"What do you mean I can't wear my turtleneck with a shirt underneath?"

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last but not least, our latest Valstar arrival : wool twill field coat with tasteful suede and leather details, and Thermore insulation for colder days

Holy ****, ignore my emails about the Mac.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^That is next level commitment to popping your collar. Of course, then I kind of thinking he's missing out on the chance to pop the jacket collar too. Pop 'em all.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

So the new Mackintosh quilted coats are up. For those who remember them from last year - they're just the right weight (reasonably light) for layering on top of a jacket, the details are quite nice (trims, snapped vents) and the value is really excellent for something like this, made in Scotland This year, we added two styles of the single-breasted cousin of the Alva : the Waverly
I have the grey alva and it is magnificent. I remember PIV wanted one pretty bad now's your chance. That valstar looks ******* great.

Sotiris

Reaction score

^^That is next level commitment to popping your collar. Of course, then I kind of thinking he's missing out on the chance to pop the jacket collar too. Pop 'em all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads