٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Flannel Inglese! I swear, I need to stay off this damn forum too.

2. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Completely agree. I just bought three green grenadine ties and three brown grenadine ties. I'll look to see which one of each color I like best and send the others back. As you mentioned, as long as you don't abuse the privilege I don't think they mind a bit. It engenders customer loyalty and satisfaction knowing that you're going to get exactly what you want as opposed to being stuck with something that looked different on the internet.

3. Sotiris

Sotiris Senior member

I'm not going to check. No way,

But I'm just glad I don't get to NYC too often (ever) otherwise I'm sure the amount would be even higher seeing things in person. :embar:

4. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Sotiris, definitely don't do it. It was the dumbest thing I have done all day. And you are 1000% right about seeing things in person - there is a sick Monitaly jacket that I saw in person that I now want that I would not have even looked at twice if I saw it online.

Although one interesting thing I did figure out is that my return rate is about 15%, which is higher than I expected and makes me feel guilty. Apologies, Greg and Kyle, for that. I will definitely reduce that further as I get mad in my own head when I hear stories of folks abusing your generous return policy. My goal is to get it to below 5%, which would be more acceptable.

And I'm baaaaack....

5. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Well, once you get your sizing down, then you are pretty much good to go. I have ordered, at different times, a 48, a 50, and a 52 Formosa. I kept the 50, and have since ordered a SC MTO. And I plan on ordering many more, for as long as this is available.

I know my size now in most things on the site.

Also, if you want to ensure that you get to kop something, and are not sure what your size is, the only way to do it is to order two, send one back. Some of this stuff sells out within thirty minutes or less.

And of course, thanks to the NMWA crew for this great perk, as it allows one to order with confidence. I like knowing that I am not going to be stuck with $4k in store credit.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  6. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

That was a joke - sorry if it wasn't obvious or funny enough! Of course we would not allow anyone to order all sizes - we would reach out to help with sizing before processing and shipping the order. Even three sizes of the same item is overboard in one order. I'm pretty sure we can help anyone narrow down to 2 sizes.

7. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I don't want anyone to feel guilty about returning or exchanging things, as long as you do it in good faith.

If I sometimes vent about a handful of nightmare customers, it isn't meant to make everyone else feel bad about buying and exchanging/returning. It's a very small number of people who seem to consistently purchase and return - I'm guessing this is some sort of shopaholic condition, something pathological - nothing at all like the return rates you guys are talking about.

So, please feel free to order something that you like with the peace of mind that you can exchange or return it if it doesn't fit or if you don't love it.

8. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Greg, my guilt regarding my return rate definitely has nothing to do with your amusing horror stories - rest assured its my own neuroses. Ha. You and Kyle are great!

And I agree with Newcomer, once you have your sizing dialed in for all your awesome brands, that makes it much, much easier to kop away.

Ok, enough of this digression, let's all go back to happily kopping!! :slayer:

9. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

Considering that "No Purchase Club" is a real phenomenon, pathological shopping is right at home on SF.

10. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

What's the name for the pathology where you buy a bunch of stuff and never return any of it? That's what I have.

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

copaholic

12. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

Dandyism

13. ezlau

ezlau Senior member

Some call it a shopping problem; I prefer the phrase "stimulating the economy" :)

14. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Hoarding.

I imagine meeting my end immobilized beneath a collapsed pile of precariously stacked popovers and heavy gauge knitwear or pursued by flame and blocked from egress by a cache of outerwear.

Choosing between the two I will take the first. More peaceful and perhaps apt to happen in my sleep.

15. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Senior member

Ha, ok. Though that doesn't answer my Q on the missing Inis rollneck?