Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. vida

vida Senior member

OK, this does help. So I'm assuming I could get more wear than I previously though, especially in the 10oz weight. I'm to the point that a I WANT a more seasonal wardrobe...would have said just the opposite 10 years ago.

2. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

@gdl203
    @conceptual 4est

That worries me some, CHRK.
    Now I wonder if the Cantarelli's shoulder measurements online are accurate.
    Case in point, the 52 Canta is supposed to be 46cm in shoulder, whereas a 52 Formosa is 49cm (which I believe, judging by my size 50). So you wear a 52 Formosa (49cm) and a 52 Canta (46cm) and that works successfully?

Greg, Kyle, put you in the loop for my thought to be closed case. Are the Canta's measurements, esp. shoulder really accurate?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014

3. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Yep.

4. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Not sure if it's a known issue, but when I look by maker and then sort by size I end up with lots of out of stock results.

5. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

How does the @ functionality above work? I see it a lot, but I'm in the dark about it.

6. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

If you click reply there is the '@' in the bar (on mobile above box), click on it and type the user name in the opened dialogue box, then click submit, continue text in main box.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014

7. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

What's the fit of the monitaly jeans like? These more of a slim or straight fit? What's the width of the bottom hem?

8. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

So the sizing is obviously very personal but I just measured two Cantarelli Spring/Summer blazers and my navy fresco Formosa and the shoulder measurements you quoted are accurate. However, the two makers give me very different fits - Formosa has a lot of drape and is conservative, which I want in a suit. The Cantarelli is more snug and being unlined has a more close fitting, fashionable look. Both work for me personally and I like being able to switch up the look.
    I think I am an outlier though because the most common sizing advice is to size up one in Cantarelli from your Formosa size - that didn't work for me because a Formosa 50R was too short for me and too snug in the shoulders.

Also I should note that a single shoulder measurement doesn't tell the whole story for me regarding fit - I am very hard to fit off the rack and shoulder pitch, width of the shoulder head, etc., all play a significant role for me in making the fit work and look clean.

9. 1969

1969 Senior member

Greg/Kyle- I thought there was a tailoring discount on cotton rotas? Am I mistaken or is that missing?

10. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The garment-dyed cotton ones are hemmed, always have been. There's no tailoring discount on garments with finished hems and sleeves. If we included a tailoring discount on hemmed Rota in the past, that was a mistake (our loss).

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014

11. gdl203

Doh you're correct - I got confused somehow and thought you tried M then L. You tried L then XL and XL was right for you (sleeves a tad short). I just tried again myself and XL is perfect on me (including sleeves - you really have long arms!)

Anyhow, we'll drop those later today and they'll have measurements. But in a nutshell, best fit is a size up from your typical lettered US size.

12. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

Thanks a bunch for the detailed response and checking the measurements, CHRK. That's very helpful feedback indeed. Despite the fact that this has me worrying that my planned attempt at a 54L Canta (52 was sold out), when I take a 50 in Formosa, might be futile, I will still give it a go. Knowing, that it'll need some tailoring magic, for sure.
    Greg and Kyle warned me, so no blame.

13. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

14. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

The blend of yarns on that special edition IM cardigan is beautiful. Nice work!

[​IMG]

15. gdl203

Inis Meain is live

Port Flannel to follow