٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. vida

vida Senior member

OK, this does help. So I'm assuming I could get more wear than I previously though, especially in the 10oz weight. I'm to the point that a I WANT a more seasonal wardrobe...would have said just the opposite 10 years ago.

2. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

@gdl203
    @conceptual 4est

That worries me some, CHRK.
    Now I wonder if the Cantarelli's shoulder measurements online are accurate.
    Case in point, the 52 Canta is supposed to be 46cm in shoulder, whereas a 52 Formosa is 49cm (which I believe, judging by my size 50). So you wear a 52 Formosa (49cm) and a 52 Canta (46cm) and that works successfully?

Greg, Kyle, put you in the loop for my thought to be closed case. Are the Canta's measurements, esp. shoulder really accurate?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014

3. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Yep.

4. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Not sure if it's a known issue, but when I look by maker and then sort by size I end up with lots of out of stock results.

5. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

How does the @ functionality above work? I see it a lot, but I'm in the dark about it.

6. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

If you click reply there is the '@' in the bar (on mobile above box), click on it and type the user name in the opened dialogue box, then click submit, continue text in main box.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014

7. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

What's the fit of the monitaly jeans like? These more of a slim or straight fit? What's the width of the bottom hem?

8. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

So the sizing is obviously very personal but I just measured two Cantarelli Spring/Summer blazers and my navy fresco Formosa and the shoulder measurements you quoted are accurate. However, the two makers give me very different fits - Formosa has a lot of drape and is conservative, which I want in a suit. The Cantarelli is more snug and being unlined has a more close fitting, fashionable look. Both work for me personally and I like being able to switch up the look.
    I think I am an outlier though because the most common sizing advice is to size up one in Cantarelli from your Formosa size - that didn't work for me because a Formosa 50R was too short for me and too snug in the shoulders.

Also I should note that a single shoulder measurement doesn't tell the whole story for me regarding fit - I am very hard to fit off the rack and shoulder pitch, width of the shoulder head, etc., all play a significant role for me in making the fit work and look clean.

9. 1969

1969 Senior member

Greg/Kyle- I thought there was a tailoring discount on cotton rotas? Am I mistaken or is that missing?

10. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The garment-dyed cotton ones are hemmed, always have been. There's no tailoring discount on garments with finished hems and sleeves. If we included a tailoring discount on hemmed Rota in the past, that was a mistake (our loss).

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014

11. gdl203

Doh you're correct - I got confused somehow and thought you tried M then L. You tried L then XL and XL was right for you (sleeves a tad short). I just tried again myself and XL is perfect on me (including sleeves - you really have long arms!)

Anyhow, we'll drop those later today and they'll have measurements. But in a nutshell, best fit is a size up from your typical lettered US size.

12. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

Thanks a bunch for the detailed response and checking the measurements, CHRK. That's very helpful feedback indeed. Despite the fact that this has me worrying that my planned attempt at a 54L Canta (52 was sold out), when I take a 50 in Formosa, might be futile, I will still give it a go. Knowing, that it'll need some tailoring magic, for sure.
    Greg and Kyle warned me, so no blame.

13. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

GRP x Inglese

[​IMG]

14. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

The blend of yarns on that special edition IM cardigan is beautiful. Nice work!

[​IMG]

15. gdl203

Inis Meain is live

Port Flannel to follow