• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the project of Antonio and Manuel Magalhaes, 4th generation of a family of fabric makers in northern Portugal. They turn the high quality fabrics into simply designed shirts. We really liked them, their shirts and enthusiasm for the fabrics. Shirts are very good value in out opinion. Some of the fabrics are ideal as overshirts, others as nice comfy shirts.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious...If you are not familiar with the sizing of certain brands/items (e.g. Eidos fieldcoat), do you guys just buy whatever size(s) you think would fit and hoping something would stick and/or then return the items altogether if it doesn't?

I know NMWA return policy is very customer friendly but at the same in an effort to save them some shipping cost and the hassle of return/restocking, I try to figure out my size ahead of time by asking questions, pm's, emails etc.. But by the time I figure out my size (or suggested sizing) the item is OOS in my size. It can be very frustrating...

I recently returned an S&C cardigan and Greg has been very accommodating/helpful during purchase and return process. While I appreciate NMWA's all world customer service, I do feel guilty if I have to do this several times while trying to figure out my size on certain items that I want to purchase. Should I be banned from this thread immediately?

I feel better now :).....Thanks

Last edited:

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks cool, I can always use more casual shirts. Nice research ha (link was dead the first time I clicked for some reason).
Looks something like this
or this or maybe this
(found the photos via PF's journal, linking to this article)
I wear mostly casual (not sure why I buy all the dress stuff I do, other than I'm a hobbyist/collector :embar:) Cool looking stuff for the wannabe weekend hipster, CM edition.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very excited about these new flannels. Looking forward to seeing the patterns and fabric

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Portuguese Flannel looks very promising. Hope they bought a lot if it for all of us.

fllick

Reaction score
nooooo.. missed out the the eidos field jacket due to time difference.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious...If you are not familiar with the sizing of certain brands/items (e.g. Eidos fieldcoat), do you guys just buy whatever size(s) you think would fit and hoping something would stick and/or then return the items altogether if it doesn't?

Yes.

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me)

I do feel guilty if I have to do this several times while trying to figure out my size on certain items that I want to purchase. Should I be banned from this thread immediately?

I hope not.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's because it's not a correct statement. We see the stats and the only sizes that lag are the really large ones (XL, 56...) - btw I remember being heckled by some of the big guys here for not catering to their needs... well our selves are full of the XL sizes at the end of the season.

Otherwise, there's no rhyme or reason as to which sizes sell fast or not between smalls, mediums and larges. For some stuff the S flies of the shelves, for others we hear complaints from the 40-42 crowd, same goes with shoes. You may think that your size (whatever it is) sells faster than others, but it's just not true across the board.
Sorry, I hope you took my comment as my joking, and not as criticism!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who nabbed the 46 eidos coat? :-(

wow these are going FAST

I learned that the Field Jacket was online five minutes after the fact from this thread, and it was already gone in my size (50). Oh well, there's always next season. I'm thinking (hoping) that this jacket is a mainstay in the Eidos F/W lineup.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I learned that the Field Jacket was online five minutes after the fact from this thread, and it was already gone in my size (50). Oh well, there's always next season. I'm thinking (hoping) that this jacket is a mainstay in the Eidos F/W lineup.

SS too. I'm especially looking forward to next season's.

SmileForum

Reaction score
"Out of stock"
"Out of stock"
"Out of stock"

ffffuuuu.gif

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I hope you took my comment as my joking, and not as criticism!
I did - but it also gave me the opportunity to address this more general question as we very often get emails or calls asking why we don't buy more X in size Y since they're clearly the more popular... with X and Y being completely different for every person asking. So, not even knowing which size you're referring to, I felt it was good to give some factual answer to this question.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We actually had two units in 50R. Some people are just faster

Also, are you sure you're a 50?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads