1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Nice post, IS. No Vass? I am disappoint.

2. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

You lucked out, indeed - I was waffling all weekend on that. Thanks for making my decision for me, though.

3. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

thanks!

sorry, buddy. while i really did love the vass shoes, beautiful lasts and models, and the ones i tried on fit like a glove, i had to cap myself somewhere. i mean, i would like to feed my kids at least once this week.

also, as i have mentioned recently, i really am good for shoes right now. :)

4. in stitches

no, thanks you, waffle-man!

5. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

I really do love waffles.

1 person likes this.
  6. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

That's interesting, Stitch - where was the 52 snug? Everywhere? I am usually a 52 but occasionally a 54 in some RTW brands, and the 52 was just fine on me. But every body is different. Did you take an L in the IM or an XL?

I like the low buttoning point on the Formosa jackets - most 52Rs just have a way too high buttoning point on me (I'm 6'2") but the Formosa was just right. If I got one I might lengthen the jacket just a bit, but it can definitely take it. The danger with lengthening a RTW jacket is that you then throw off the proportions by having too much jacket between buttoning point and hem. Here it's not an issue.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  8. jet

jet Senior member

hmm still not working for some reason, maybe later

size 4 por favor

9. in stitches

everywhere. i mean, i could button it and all, but the fit was bad. armholes were digging into my armpits, pulling across the back, across the stomach the quarters were opening up and and the whole top block of the pants was in sight. thighs of the pants were too tight. very sad story.

the IM i got was a large. didnt even try on the XL. maybe that was a mistake.

on the 54, the buttoning point was perfect. so was the back length. cut a perfect 50/50 ration from neck to bottom of jacket and bottom of jacket to floor. greg kindly pointed that out to me, and explained how that is the best measure for length of back of jacket. i heartily agree.

10. mezentius

mezentius Senior member

Would like this info too - I'm usually a 52 in RTW, but measurements I took from my 52s fitted more closely with the 50; but that one's sold out. Would like to see if 52 is worth a try.

11. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Wow, I just stopped into this thread for the first time... this is absolutely outstanding. The price points are absolutely perfect. I am going to be picking up some shirts. I wish you the best of luck in your new venture.

12. unbelragazzo

Thanks, Stitchy. Anyway, glad you were able to try on in person and get the right size.

13. Asian Afro

Asian Afro Senior member

14. in stitches

of course its worth a try! :devil:

:slayer: which shirts you getting?

my pleasure. me too!

greg, is it ready yet lol?

i saw them. and they are outstanding. amazing. i saw an isaia coat like that once. wool is all pilly but still very soft. so damn cool that jacket.

rota trousers were also there. amazing.

dont know about all the AS shoes, but there was a hell of a lot of them. boxes stacking up to the celling.

15. unbelragazzo

I know the casentino coats and the Rota trousers and at least some of the AS shoes are already in the warehouse - just as stuff arrives it takes a little bit to get stuff photographed, measured, and uploaded I guess. But if there's something you're interested in, in particular, just email Greg.

16. unbelragazzo

I believe the traditional color for a casentino coat, to the degree that a casentino coat is traditional at all, is orange. I think the Isaia one I saw at Pitti was red. Greg has a kind of camel color and then a darker color - navy or grey, can't exactly remember, so more wearable. The fabric does the talking, not the color.

17. europrep

europrep Senior member

For what it is worth. I am usually a 38-40 jacket with a 33 waist (US Sizing). The 48 Formosa jacket fit me extremely well, but the corresponding pants I could not even get pulled up all the way. When I tried on the 50 pants, they fit me very well, maybe a tad tight, but nothing that I could not let out.

18. in stitches

the isaia i saw was in last years esquire black book. will get a pic tonight if i remember. color looked to be quite similar to gregs coat. a dark camel maybe is the best way to describe it. i did not realize there was another color, i was too enamored with the camel one.

19. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I'll echo the sentiments about it being a great looking site. I made the plunge and ordered the pub jacket. Hopefully it fits as well as I want it too. I anticipate living in it this fall and winter.

20. unbelragazzo

The coat pictured here is the Isaia casentino:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/333599/lightbox/post/6087666/id/663868

Here's the link on Esquire that I found googling, probably the one stitches remembers:

http://www.esquire.com/style/fashion-story/essential-mens-clothes-2012-fall-5#slide-5

FWIW, looks like the Isaia one is nearly $3k. Don't know how much Greg's are, but I think they're significantly less.