1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Ironically, I keep on a steady workout regiment because I'm worried I'll no longer fit into my bespoke clothes. The clothes are far too expensive to replace if I gain too much weight.

2. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I do that as well. Because of bespoke, I basically need to remain a heavily underweight guy with poor posture.

3. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm kind of concerned about it too, but 1) my posture/drop isn't THAT bad, so hopefully correcting doesn't solve too many fit issues 2) I've been getting in better shape generally through exercising, so my body is changing anyway. 3) On the whole, I think if I can just cancel out the effects of aging I'll be doing pretty well on both fronts.

4. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

+1 in NMWA being great for upping one's casual game.

I do pretty much the same thing with MTM, or at least I started when I noticed most of my clothes started feeling tight in the waist. Probably will have to get pants taken in at some point now, but that's an adjustment I can live with.

5. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

#BespokeDisadvantages

1 person likes this.
  6. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

I have a high propensity to gain and lose weight (I've seen 5lb+ swings in 24-48 hours). It's for this reason that I haven't spent a ton of time and energy pursuing "high grade" bespoke. There's no chance of ever seeing "the perfect fit" for anyone, but the idea is even more futile in my case. Accordingly, I buy custom stuff to more suit my aesthetic tastes than my physical ambitions.

At a certain point I had to realize I'd go mad (and broke) if I was constantly chasing the perfect fit unicorn.

7. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

@dieworkwear
    omg that gif

1 person likes this.
  8. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

Did you stop working out because you thought it would change your posture or the added muscle mass? Isn't that what the drape is for as well as the seam allowances?

9. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

I love how for StyFo doods, myself included, the most important consideration regarding excersize and weight gain/loss is how it will affect your clothing.

1 person likes this.
  10. dieworkwear

I run to maintain my weight, but gave up going to the chiropractor (partly) because of my clothes. (The other part, frankly, was that I just too lazy).

11. forex

forex Senior member

Only on StyFo people put clothes before their physical condition!

12. dieworkwear

Putting appearances before health is probably the only thing StyleForum members have in common with other Americans.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  13. AJL

AJL Senior member

ftfy

1 person likes this.
  14. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

I present to you the perfect combination of appearance and health...me! Just kidding...new OS polo and chambray Butteros.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  15. ltontheqt

ltontheqt Senior member

They look great. Just like you had an opportunity to buy the China Blue ones, I had an opportunity to buy these and passed.

16. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

17. archibaldleach

Well, it becomes a question of one would rather be well-dressed with one's current body or have to start over after a new workout regimen (though all joking aside, other than a major weightlifting regimen for someone who is not too experienced with lifting or losing 3 or more inches off one's waist, alterations are entirely reasonable). Most people (including SFers) aren't fitness fanatics, so I'm not too shocked that a group of clothing hobbyists value their clothes over being fanatical about fitness (not to say we don't have plenty of people who seem reasonably fit on here) and wouldn't want a workout regimen to interfere with the fit of nice clothes.

18. archibaldleach

Nice, Murl. If I didn't already own about 20 polos from Brooks Brothers / Ralph Lauren (don't ask me how I accumulated that many, though accumulation of clothes does seem to be something a lot of us have in common), I probably would have invested in something like that from NMWA.

19. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

OS stuff is really nice. Polo looks good.

20. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Thanks guys. I'm pretty fond of OS and I think this polo came out to about $50...no brainer. Kyle nailed the size recommendation.

I might need to size down on Buttero next time, but these aren't unwearable big...just a smidge.