• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How much are your sport coats / odd jackets running for?
And are they cut more on the traditional line similar to the Formosa suiting?

The Cantarelli sport coats retail around the $1k mark, with some price variation based on fabrics.

The cut is clearly different from Formosa's. Cantarelli is an Arezzo-based maker and their cut is more middle-Italian than southern, Still very soft construction but is overall trimmer - chest is cleaner and lapels are less dramatic. The Sartoria Cantarelli jackets in 52 measure 18.1" shoulders, 43.3" chest and 30" length, whereas Formosa's 52 (drop 7) measures 19.3" shoulders, 44.9" chest and 31" length.

First posted September 24, 2018:

:evolve:

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replace 36 by 48 or shoe size 14 and I think you will have the most logical answer : I just need to stop somewhere. For some products, we do have 36 and 46 because the investment in inventory isn't too difficult, but for high ticket items, it becomes difficult to expand the size range too much as it becomes quite an investment.

That said, I take all that feedback at heart and will adjust size ranges in future buys based on expressed interest and this kind of feedback.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a question on sizing then. If you don't carry something in a size, can that specific size be ordered with the next restock? Not sure if such an accommodation would be possible...

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, absolutely. But it can take a while to get products reordered, made and shipped. A vast majority of what we have in store was cut/made to order for us, sometimes from fabrics/materials that are easily sourced but other times from fabrics that can be seasonal at the mills and may not be available for reorder in small quantity.

A few other products are more standard and not seasonal and are even sometimes in stock at the maker for us to reorder.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"Shirt bag" (whew, can't forget the R in this product's name...) in canvas and vegetable tanned leather
Collapsible design for storage; wide opening sized to simply drop stacks of clothes straight from the closet
Handmade by La Portegna in Andalucia, Spain

Perfect for those who need to make room in their closet for things other than empty luggage... (like another pair of Vass shoes for example :inlove:)

Last edited:

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Shirt bag" (whew, can't forget the R in this product's name...) in canvas and vegetable tanned leather
Collapsible design for storage; wide opening sized to simply drop stacks of clothes straight from the closet
Handmade by La Portegna in Andalucia, Spain
Perfect for those who need to make room in their closet for things other than empty luggage... (like another pair of Vass shoes for example
inlove.gif
)

oh yeah . . . . what are the dimensions & is it available in other colors ?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That... Is pretty awesome. Never seen such a thing.

Livng in a city where closet space is scarce, I had looked for (and seen) collapsible or packable bags before (and we have another cool one this fall from Porter that folds into a small pocket). But I had never seen that wide mouth rectangular opening and it's the kind of thing you see and facepalm right away thinking "why hasn't anyone done that before??"
Agreed, very cool.  Is it sturdy enough to be used as a weekender bag? 

Oh yes, it's sturdy. The bottom is all veg tan leather so you can put it down anywhere without worries. The body is a thick canvas and it is lined inside with a lighter cotton canvas. One thing though : the is not a bag you should check on flights - notic the very cool closure, it is not lockable. This is purely a carry-on bag IMO

oh yeah . . . . what are the dimensions  &  is it available in other colors ?

Dimensions : 19.7" x 13.8" x 9.8" ( 50cm x 35cm x 25cm)
No other colors this time, but we could easily reorder in different colors. This cement canvas was my favorite of all.
Nice bag. May I ask how much ?

The price of this bag is $530 incl US shipping and before SF discount.

Asian Afro

Reaction score
Just this bag, a polo coat, and a pub jacket and I'll be looking at spending $2K. Do you ever plan on having sales? :)

(Still deciding whether to get both the navy hopsack and the houndstooth coat.)

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just this bag, a polo coat, and a pub jacket and I'll be looking at spending $2K. Do you ever plan on having sales? :)

(Still deciding whether to get both the navy hopsack and the houndstooth coat.)

You know we could easily also add a pair of shoes in that bag if you'd like :devil:

Yes, we'll have sales but because this is our first season, our buy is not deep. We only have very few units of each item and we try to price things very fairly. If you really want something, I'd say don't wait too long... There's already a couple of things that are sold out in some sizes through pre-orders - and store isn't even open

(the answer is easy - hint: it starts with "b" and ends with "oth")

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads