1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

what is the tapering on this? also, looks slightly slightly too short?

2. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Also, just a reminder.

Still waiting for ONE MORE for:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/403760/...-lets-get-another-one-rolling/75#post_7260511

Making it up into a jacket. Great for us folks in the South, or the West Coast. If you want a Formosa jacket, this is your chance.

Also, only need to pay half up front. The other half down the road. This is as close to NMWA lay-away as you are going to get!

Just in time for your Turks & Caicos vacation.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. wzjradam

wzjradam Senior member

1. Buttero
    [​IMG]
    2. SS
    [​IMG]
    3. SS
    [​IMG]
    4. SS
    [​IMG]
    5. SS
    [​IMG]

SSSSSsssss

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I am going to the Oregon Coast next weekend, so, my picks with that in mind:

1. Heschung Apache - I pledge, if I win the 40% code, to buy these. I got the beige color, and I really love them. Wear them all the time. I am sure that I would love these, in the off white as well. Of course, I would feel dumb doing the "buy all the colors" thing. But, at that good a deal. Fuggedaboutit. I would feel dumb NOT buying them:
    http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...ite-suede-apache-mocassin-on-ripple-sole.html
    [​IMG]

2. Need a sweater. It gets chilly on the coast. I see all these pictures of dudes in white sweaters. On the Oregon Coast, with 3 kids under 7, that's crazy talk. That white sweater would last the 2 minutes it takes for my two year old son to come careening into me trying to take me down (I have lapses of judgement where I teach him wrestling drills) and makes me spill my coffee. This Eo To To sweater, on the other hand, could take a full cup of coffee, some honey and yoghurt, and a fist full of dark Oregon sand like a champ: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/clothing/knitwear/eototo-crewneck-knit-brown.html

[​IMG]

3. So... my fifteen year old stepson was eating dinner one night, when a friend, who was over, said "Well, that's a risque tee?" Ddi a double take. I had ever noticed before that his worn out "Beaver styles" tee shirt, with cute rodents with different hairstyles, from shaved bald to full afro to mohawk, could be taken another way. Apparently, I am dumb. Anyone who has been on Styleforum more than a month knows this to be true at least some of the time. Anyway, I'm probably too old to be wearing a Beaver Styles tee, and in any case, he is about 50 lbs lighter, and that shirt would just show off my abs of bacon. But this, this i could wear:
    http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/clothing/t-shirts/souvenir-t-shirt-navy.html

[​IMG]

4. I sometimes ride into town to go to the local farmer's market. A rented bike. With a basket on the front. This jacket would make me feel more like, you know, a man: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/sale-section/hacking-jacket-in-grey-blue-linen.html
    [​IMG]

5. I love belts. I can never get enough belts (I have over 50 right now). And no one would believe that this is my list if there was no belt on it. I have been remiss though. No elastic belts. The Farnese fills that niche. Also, you will never need to loosen a notch, i.e. you will never realize you just gained 5 lbs in a week. Just sorta adjust your underwear like man Spanx, and you are good to go. By you I mean me.
    http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/accessories/belts/beige-intreccio-elastic-woven-belt.html
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Yeah, Rota and Farnese. They feel very nice after walking around a bit in them. These are a 48.

I don't know exactly. As for the length, they touch my shoes and my socks don't show. It's nice that I don't need to touch the waist or hem them!

6. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

+1

7. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

You just described me 4-6 days a week.

8. Murlsquirl

Thank you. I just wanted to make sure they didn't look silly slim. They feel good and there is no tightness anywhere. The angle of that pic also sucks and they look better than that. Pretty happy. These Farnese belts are great!

9. Murlsquirl

First one of each....not for long.

10. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Yeah it was a joke about how the trousers espouse your buttocks perfectly :embar:

Fit looks great and slim - only you can tell how they feel and if they are too tight when worn. On pics, they're just really flattering

I don't find them too short either. Pretty much perfect length actually. Saved a few alterations bucks there...

11. Murlsquirl

Thank you, Greg. Always appreciate your feedback. They feel great, no tightness at all. Spending $0 on alterations is a huge bonus! Can't wait to get more.

12. europrep

europrep Senior member

@Murlsquirl Rotas look great except too tapered for your shoe size (clown feet). Can you give us a side view showing full foot? I could wrong based on the angle you shot.

13. Murlsquirl

It's the pic...promise. I'll shoot another pic when I get home...picking up take-out.

14. europrep

europrep Senior member

I trust you. Just looked funny from the angle of the shot. They do look pretty spot on everywhere else.

15. Murlsquirl

Here you go, I wouldn't mind you confirming. You'll also notice how nasty of a drop shoulder I have.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. europrep

europrep Senior member

I see what you did there...toss on a Boston shirt trying to sway my decision

Looks good from the side. Disregard my previous comments. Now get back to me next time you are fiddling with your button fly for an extended period of time at the urinal...I have such a love/hate relationship with the button fly on the Rotas.

1 person likes this.
  17. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Sometimes when I wear my Rotas to work I just pee in the stall.

1 person likes this.
  18. Murlsquirl

I purposely included the top half just for you, but I was wearing it already. Yeah, those thin little buttons are a pain...I'll just leave it open for air flow and easy access.

19. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Those Rotas do indeed look good. That us pretty sweet that they fit so nicely OTR.

20. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

Murl, are you left-handed? (sorry, always trying to gather data to corroborate my theory (errrrr probably someone else's that I have co-opted) that people tend to have a dropped shoulder on their dominant side.