• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
39 in US wont be too big if you'er a 7US in dress shoes.
I agree with that. US7 should be a good fit for 39 in Buttero.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can - anything in particular?

Just general questions. How versatile is this shirt? What is the temperature range for which it is most appropriate? Would I take a large if I am a slim 40R?

larryr

Reaction score
That Schneider shirt-jacket is seriously awesome, very pleased with it. How is the weight of the grey cotton version?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's about the same weight as the navy. Less coarse of a weave. It's really nice too.

Last edited:

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Just general questions. How versatile is this shirt? What is the temperature range for which it is most appropriate? Would I take a large if I am a slim 40R?

Alright, I'll take a stab at it, in the form of some initial impressions when handling it:

The nylon has a very, very soft hand to it, and the down inside is very lightweight. The side hand pockets are a nice touch and the chest pockets help break up the looks of it, making it more of a jacket than some sort of technical layering garment.

It's not overly puffy, so is thin enough to wear as a mid-layer. Its length, which is on the shorter side, also helps with this, but also means it will look appropriate as an outer layer on warmer days or cooler nights.

As far as temperatures, that all depends on what you want to layer with it and your sensitivity to cold, so I can't really weigh in on that. I would describe it as "warm enough" and it's certainly warmer than my go-to Uniqlo ultra-light down that I always wear as a mid-layer on colder days (but I don't expect much from a $70 down jacket).

Plus it's reversible, so it's like 2 jackets in one!

I would probably recommend an XL for you, from what I remember of your build - this runs on the trim and short side.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like my package is out for delivery. Only took 12 days from NY to Toronto (USPS). Can't wait to see my Valstarino :happy:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I figured I might as well post this here, too - just in case people don't follow the tumblr.

Oh, also - in the wake of the Frozen Waves insanity, some of you may be interested in a recent interview I did with Stephan Schneider. It's on the NMWA tumblr. He's a super interesting, super funny guy, and he had some hilarious things to say about his own clothes and fashion in general that are probably worth a read. Kind of made me wonder why I like what I like, which is never a bad thing.

(There will be a longer Part 2)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Looks like my package is out for delivery. Only took 12 days from NY to Toronto (USPS). Can't wait to see my Valstarino :happy:

I expect teh pictures.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey guys,I figured I might as well post this here, too - just in case people don't follow the tumblr.

that was a great read. i loved his answers. really enjoy his POV on being a designer and the fashion world. very cool and down to earth, very practical and so far from self serving.

suaviter

Reaction score
Unlikely. Takes a while to make and they're very seasonal. If you see something you like, grab it now. (<-- I know I keep saying that but that's true, especially of seasonal items)

My size is gone.
censored.gif
If a 16.5 is too big for anyone on the 100% blue linen please PM!!

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received our new shipment of Calabrese bags today. It included restocks of black Napoli bags and both colors of the boiled wool/leather ones.

And 8 new styles that are all freaking awesome - some full leather ones (including a leather/suede combo) and several more seasonal canvas/leather combos (including a seersucker and a striped cotton).

Photos to come... But I'm excited by these arrivals :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads