• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

steveoly

Reaction score

Nice shoes too!

Thanks Greg. I haven't had them long, but they sure do get a ton of compliments!

Steve what size are you and can you provide some measurements? looks good

Jet, I went with a 16.5/42 the same as my "normal" Inglese size. It's definitely cut for a more relaxed look. I washed and then threw it in the dryer on warm. Here are some comparisons for you:
Popover:
Shoulders seam to seam: 18.5
Chest pit to pit: 48
Length from BOC: 30
Sleeve from seam to end: 28

Regular shirt:
Shoulders: 18
Chest: 23
Length: 29
Sleeve: 36

Overall it fits more relaxed, and it is longer in the body.

I guess I'll put up a pre-wash pop-over pic.

It looks great after a couple handwashes. Although it has not shrunk, the wrinkles kind of "tighten" it up.

Newcomer - looks great! It's definitely a nice shirt that is for sure. I noticed that too. When I pulled it out of the dryer, my heart nearly stopped because it looked A LOT smaller, but that was due to the wrinkles. I might add that it irons very easily for linen.

Is the popover longer in length than the regular shirt (the new cut that is an inch longer)?

I can't compare to the new S/S dress shirts, but the F/W stuff, yes it feels a bit longer. In addition to just being longer at the back and front, it's noticeably longer at the sides. I feel like this would stay tucked in very well, whereas my F/W Inglese would come untucked pretty easily throughout the day.

Last edited:

suaviter

Reaction score
What would you wear with the Niche western shirt? What colour of pants would be acceptable? I was thinking jeans but I only have indigo denim so that may look like a wall of blue.

I've been meaning to reply to this -- I have a similar shirt that I wear a lot, more in the 'Sportswear/Streetwear' mode. Oftentimes I wear it as an overshirt instead of a light jacket (untucked, slightly unbuttoned or fully unbuttoned) over a t-shirt (usually grey) and with either selvage or darker matte denim and sneakers. I was very afraid of the Canadian tuxedo look but as long as the tones are slightly different you should be fine. I get a lot of compliments with it and it is a very versatile part of my sportwear/casual wardrobe.

In other words: go for it and style it your own way!

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I took my green linen Rotas to the alterationist today. She said that "it was the most beautiful fabric she's ever seen." Considering that she rarely speaks more than a couple words to me, I thought it was a nice compliment.

In regards to the S/S Inglese shirts--I have not had experience with the F/W collection, but I find that these shirts are more than long enough. I am wearing mine today, and have not experienced any issues with it becoming untucked.

Also, I thought I should mention. For some reason or another, the linen Rotas wear a bit smaller in the waist. It is actually a good thing, from my perspective, but I just wanted to note it. It could just be variance from Rota being a fairly small pents manufacturer.

suaviter

Reaction score
Any restocks coming on the 100% linen Ingleses?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any restocks coming on the 100% linen Ingleses?
Unlikely. Takes a while to make and they're very seasonal. If you see something you like, grab it now. (<-- I know I keep saying that but that's true, especially of seasonal items)

Last edited:

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice shoes too!
speaking of which, what would be the sizing reco for the Butteros low, if I wear 7US, should I go 39 or 40? White or Brown :decisions: , but the Taupe suede is so unique...TIA

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

speaking of which, what would be the sizing reco for the Butteros low, if I wear 7US, should I go 39 or 40? White or Brown :decisions: , but the Taupe suede is so unique...TIA

Size way down on Butteros. Definitely 39, and even those might be big for you.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks D.....dang dang dang .:brick:

but they are really awesome. I have the brown ones, which are probably the most versatile, but these might be my favorites:

If the 39 in the lows end up being too big for you, you might try the highs if you like them. I ended up going with a size bigger in the highs - it's not going to slip, and the toe box seemed slightly lower to me.

Wade

Reaction score
39 in US wont be too big if you'er a 7US in dress shoes.

I'm a US 7D in most dress shoes and i wear a 39, i can probably even size up to 40 for a more loose fit

Simplicio

Reaction score
Speaking of Butteros, I too have been eyeing the taupe suede. Is the picture on the website a good indication of the true colour? For comparison, I found a different picture on the Buttero website that is described as "taupe". This is NMWA:

This is from the Buttero website:

I am a little put off by the embossed logo, but the picture from the Buttero website makes it seem less visible.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like it the logo.

steveoly

Reaction score
I don't mind the logo either. But if it does bother you, I can't imagine it's very visible being that it's located on the outer heel.
Regarding size, I am a pretty standard US9 in dress shoes, but probably closer to a 9.5 in sneakers and the 41 in the brown leather Buttero fits perfectly.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads