1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

dont be dumb, buy the formosa. there is nothing irrational about how you are approaching this. :)

also, yeah, the full length looks great, sotiris.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. ezlau

ezlau Senior member

I guess I'm the only one that thinks the same as you and don't see it as being irrational. Ditto your case but with Mazz and G.Inglese shirt.

3. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Well, my only thing with the Inglese and Mazzy shirts is that they fit differently. I love my Mazzys when I know I am going to be having a big lunch. They also dress down easier!

With that said, the Inglese's objectively are MUCH better constructed.

4. Sotiris

Sotiris Senior member

Thanks guys.

And in that case Newcomer I say get the Solaro. It's awesome. And can be worn as separates.

5. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Yeah, that is pretty huge. It certainly looks good as a separate. My tobacco linen will also work as a separate, and I always enjoy when a jacket can do double duty.

I will sit and lay in wait for now, but the call of the Solaro is strong.

6. ezlau

ezlau Senior member

I agree with you on that too. The Mazz actually fits me better in the shoulders, and I prefer the collar a little more than the G.Inglese, but G.Inglese are definitely more details/quality for the $, but that's my personal opinion.

7. vida

vida Senior member

I tried the Inglese but it was too tight in the shoulders and chest...neck and sleeves were perfect. Beautiful shirt! How did you find the Mazz fit in comparison ?

8. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

The Mazzy is not as tight in the chest and shoulders. Noticeably so.

9. ezlau

ezlau Senior member

From what I could recall (trying on the 14.5/37 at the NMWA trunk show) it fits me almost perfectly. The Mazz I own is a 15/38 though, and had to be slimmed down and shortened in the sleeves.

I wear a 15/38 in G.Inglese (unaltered) and the chest/waist is a tad on the slim side for me, and shoulders are quite narrow, neck/sleeves are perfect. Until they have MTM through NMWA, they are still one of my favorite OTR shirts - evidently since I own like 4/5 of them.

10. vida

vida Senior member

Interesting, thank you. I tried the 14.5 in Inglese and it was too tight as I mentioned previously. From your description, the Mazz in 14.5 might be the answer. I think a 15 in the Inglese will be too large in the collar.

11. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Also, I should note, the Mazzy shirts can be work untucked (for me), whereas the Inglese definitely cannot. The trickiest part for me with the Inglese is how they taper. My hips are a struggle.

12. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

My experience with Mazzarelli and Inglese, both in 16/41. I'm generally 40/42 in suits and jackets and 16/41 in shirts. I'm relatively slim, work out, and have some chest, shoulder and back development (but not jacked by any means), as well as somewhat pronounced shoulder blades. Mazzy fits well except that it's a bit too big at the waist and could be a touch tighter in the collar. Inglese is snug in the chest and shoulders; the collar is really too big; and the sleeves are long. Getting the sleeves shortened wasn't a big deal. The collar was really surprising, though. Even after washing and drying a couple of times, including with regular heat in the dryer, it was too big. I had a tailor move the collar button, which causes a bit of collar overlap when tightened with a tie. I couldn't size down to 15.75/40 for a narrower collar because of the smaller chest and didn't want to give up the shirt because of the fabric and workmanship. I have resigned myself to the fact that Inglese just isn't for me, which is sad.

13. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Shirts are by a wide margin the hardest product to fit various bodies universally well. There are just too many variables (neck proportion vs chest vs sleeve length) to get a perfect fit RTW - unless by going too big everywhere (normal MO of RTW shirts) and letting everyone deal with excess fabric as they wish.

So it's not surprising that the Mazzarelli with their "comfort" fit pose less fit issues than the slimmer fit Inglese. Completely logical. There may also be something funny happening with pattern scaling in some sizes because in my own size, it fits great and not tight at all, even though I'm a fatso by SF standards (16 neck, 54 in Rota trousers...).

I'm afraid making pattern adjustments for future batches will only result in the same number of (different) people finding new issues with the new fit... Again there is no magic formula for a universally well-fitting slim shirt IMO

1 person likes this.
  14. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

It's been hell for me trying to the THE off the rack shirt....please never touch the Inglese....

15. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

In case it needs any clarification, I wasn't trying to make some subtle (really, passive aggressive) pitch for changing the fit of either shirt. I realize not every off-the-rack item is going to fit. The Ingleses are just so nice ... I'm glad they work for everyone else, really!

Also, kopped the Rota herringbone flannel.

16. AJL

AJL Senior member

Not everyone- snug chest & shoulders, way big collar. Very nice shirts, but far from ideal fit (for me).

Rota's, otoh, are :slayer:

17. comrade

comrade Senior member

My experience with Mazzarelli and Inglese, both in 16/41. I'm generally 40/42 in suits and jackets and 16/41 in shirts. I'm relatively slim, work out, and have some chest, shoulder and back development (but not jacked by any means), as well as somewhat pronounced shoulder blades. Mazzy fits well except that it's a bit too big at the waist and could be a touch tighter in the collar. Inglese is snug in the chest and shoulders; the collar is really too big; and the sleeves are long. Getting the sleeves shortened wasn't a big deal. The collar was really surprising, though. Even after washing and drying a couple of times, including with regular heat in the dryer, it was too big. I had a tailor move the collar button, which causes a bit of collar overlap when tightened with a tie. I couldn't size down to 15.75/40 for a narrower collar because of the smaller chest and didn't want to give up the shirt because of the fabric and workmanship. I have resigned myself to the fact that Inglese just isn't for me, which is sad.
    [/quote]

So it sounds like the Mazzerelis that I am interested in and are always out of stock at SALE TIME
    probably won't work for me. I wear 16.5 34/35. However my actual chest measurement is 44",
    shoulders proportional, waist around 36" . I wear 44R jacket- not slim fit.

Comments?

18. Asian Afro

Asian Afro Senior member

Mazzy needs wider shoulders--about an inch wider.

Inglese is cut almost perfectly for me. A couple of washes and the sleeves are at the right length.

(I wear 15/38.)

19. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Who's interested in another Formosa MTO thread? I'm wide open for fabric suggestions and looking for something we can do for a suit. We will need 8 commitments and pricing will be standard RTW pricing offered by NMWA. If there's enough interest, I'll start a separate thread to get the ball rolling.

20. zim13

zim13 Well-Known Member

I am interested in a sc order

Cheers