1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

Not really. If you choose to wait for the sale, you have to be okay that you may miss out on things. I'm trying to save a lot of money right now, so I had stuff on a wish list for when a sale may come up at some point. I recognize that NMWA carries limited quantities of goods and that I'll likely miss out on some of things I wanted. Even being in the Founders Circle, I still missed out on items I had really wanted this time around. It's the nature of the beast. If there is something I really want and need, I have never waited for any kind of sale because I know there is a good chance of it not being around in my size by then. If I really want something, I buy it, and use the SF code available to everyone. If you wait for a sale, Founders or open, you are risking items not being available. Clearly Founders have a better opportunity to grab sale items, but I would never wait for that sale for something I really needed.

Whether the Founders Circle is totally fair or not really isn't the point, the point is if you want something, don't wait, get it because supplies are limited at NMWA.

2 people like this.
  2. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Looking forward to it. And as you probably saw, I do agree with your point of rewarding loyal/good customers. As we come close to our first anniversary, we will be reviewing our customer list and invite into the Founders Circle some of our best and loyal customers. I think this is fair to all.

1 person likes this.
  3. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Inis Meain linen pub jacket MTO

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  4. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Great, thanks. Yet to make my first NMWA purchase so have no beef that I'm not a FC member. I'd be upset myself if I were, and the great unwashed hordes were suddenly let in.

5. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

My goodness, you must be the class of the pub in that.

6. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Good man. You'll enjoy it. Greg and Kyle are gracious hosts.

7. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

2 people like this.
  8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

My point is that most common sizes for popular items are gone at full price.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  9. FrankCowperwood

It's also worth making sure you are on the NMWA email list as Greg's taken to offering an extra discount on highlighted makers. I sale shopped my latest OS item that way... :embar::nodding:

10. gdl203

We're thinking : what better way to get people to really browse a maker's products and take a closer look than giving them a little extra sumthin... [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

:nodding:

:)

kyle needs moar beard tho.

12. FrankCowperwood

I don't know, did you see him wearing that dog? That's pretty #nextlevel.

1 person likes this.
  13. vida

vida Senior member

Greg-
    Just saw the Gallery...great idea. You need to have Kyle in more photos because he has a slender frame and is a good reference for smaller sizes. I should know, I'm a 36R. Sometimes I'll hesitate on tailored clothing because while the shoulders are fine, the body, sleeve width, hip etc., are still too much to alter.
    And, good job Kyle. :D

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

remember, the the end of the belt should only extend 1.5" from the keeper :foo:

Just to confirm, I am about a 33-34 waist (32 on a good day :eek:) and should opt for a 90/M in the Farnese belts?

I currently own two Trafalgar in size 34 and wear it on the 4th hole (the waist of my trousers can also be take in FWIW but not sure how comfortable it would be then, seated). Just need to confirm before I pull the trigger, got 2 in basket :satisfied:

15. gdl203

1.5" huh? As if we needed any more silly pseudo-scientific rules... :)

I understand sizing questions but for the life if me cannot understand sizing questions for number-sized belts. You have a tape? Measure your own belt to the hole you're using ; that's your belt size. Belts are sized to the middle hole with 1" increments to the next hole. There's not much to be debated...?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    6 people like this.
  16. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

In similar fashion, could you also have a former college lineman in more photos. I want to see how I might look in some of your wares. ;)

1 person likes this.
  17. Riva

Riva Senior member

Some people want to know the number of holes in those premade belts to ensure the end of the belt extends a certain amount. This is why unless I buy stylish belts all my classic ones are custom made with .75" holes. Too much extension is very annoying.

18. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

More Edouard! I think he is the size of the median SF member and NMWA customer (judging by how quickly stuff sells out in my/his size).

19. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i can honestly say i have never concerned myself with how much extra belt shows past the keeper.

20. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

First thing that sprang to mind on this titbit: "just the tip." Lol

1 person likes this.