1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Much appreciated! I also just spoke to Greg and he recommended 8UK as well, which is unfortunately out of stock.

2. europrep

europrep Senior member

That gray herringbone looks real nice. Not overpowering pattern, but people will notice when close to you. Make it interesting.

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Inglese cotton-linen popover and Farnese Ruggine tubo belt

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

@FrankCowperwood: I am strongly considering buying that belt. You're a 34 waist, right? I assume you went with the size 90 belt? What hole do you use? The size 95 belt is way too big for me (I use the fourth hole), but it annoys me slightly that I use the second hole rather than the third (middle) hole for the size 90 belt. Maybe I'm being too OCD. Or I need to lose weight.

5. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Absolutely get it. I assume it is part of the Founders Circle event, so it will be a great price.

I am a 34 size waist. Measure more 35" or so. I am wearing the 95, which I actually have buckled at the 4th hole with these trousers (which have a fairly high rise. I'd probably buckle at the 3rd hole for jeans...). So maybe 95 is a little big on me? I might have to get that nice brown calf tubo in 90 to see how that fits... :happy:

6. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Is there a sale open to all coming up after this founders circle thingamawhatsit? No idea how this works (other than I'm not in it) so just figured I'd check.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  7. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

both

8. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

Speaking of Rota, here's today's Rota, Inis, Farnese (hidden):

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I knew you were going to say that before I even clicked.

10. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I tried that one on when I was in NY a few weeks ago. I think it was unvented (Greg can correct me, obviously). But for what it's worth, it's pretty much the perfect weight and weave for LA. It might be a "summer" piece technically, but you'd get about 11 1/2 months of versatile use out of it here.

11. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

Quote:

It's just our end-of-season sale, which we have opened up a bit early to Founders Circle members to reward them for being with us from the start. In a short while the sale will be open to the public as well.

12. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Hey Greg and @conceptual 4est ,

Is the "Founders Sale" going to be limited to the same pool of people as last year? If so, have you considered opening it up to more/all SFers?

I ask because it basically allows all the best items to end up with the same people year after year when the sale pops up.

I understand you want to reward your initial followers, but opening up the sale might actually expand your pool of customers (including me).

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

A lot of the prices are within $10 or so of the normal SF discount... you also can't return. I dunno, if you really like something then just buy it. YMMV.

4 people like this.
  14. othertravel

Was thinking about suits specifically.

15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Common sizes in suiting are never available when these sales come around anyway. Isn't that just the nature of waiting around for sales? If founder prices were always this discounted, I'd be broke and a lot happier.

1 person likes this.
  16. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

17. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Nothing (I assume) is going to the sale unless it's been on the shelves for a while, so nobody's missing out on a chance to get something they really want. And it seems like it's not just about "rewarding" initial followers, but about honoring the spirit of the deal that was struck with them. If you say "everybody who does X will get special deal Y", and then you turn around and offer Y to everybody, one could argue you've really jerked around your X crowd.

I'm in the same boat as you, since I missed the boat on the Founders' Circle -- so I'm not speaking from self-interest here.

And more to the point, this:

2 people like this.
  18. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It's the nature of the Founders Circle to be closed - the whole point is to reward those who were with us from the start. We are not considering opening it up randomly - we may choose to add to it some good customers who have shown great support and deserve to be part of the Circle, but we won't just open it up.

7 people like this.
  19. othertravel

You prove my point. When the founders sale starts up, the common sizing is usually the first to go. So in theory, you could have the same "founders" kopping items before newer customers get a chance to.

If recall correctly, most if not all items go on sale (I think all suits went on sale last year).

I don't begrudge NMWA for coming up with a rewards program to serve loyal customers. But loyalty isn't just defined by how fast you sign up for a mailing list. It's how often you actually shop at the store.

My humble opinion is that it should be open to all SFers. That said, it's their decision and doesn't detract in any way from the quality of their customer service or offerings. They do a great job of connecting with their customers through SF.

20. othertravel

Fair enough. I will be in NYC sometime in July and I look forward to paying you guys a visit!