• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Belts available in snuff suede or similar color?

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gdl, you (&the armory guys) are curators and purveyors of very tasteful, very desirable stuff

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sorry, not saying the shoes aren't sexy, but they are a bit pedestrian after the knits, the suits and the coats. :) Like the loafers.

Sorry to disappoint. They're certainly classic styles, but IMO the execution is up there and on par with their better rated Northampton brethren. I personally love the waist.
The black monks are killer.  Really like the loafers, too.  Brand(s)?

I think they are all Alfred Sargent.

Yes, they are all part of a capsule of make-ups we designed with Alfred Sargent and made at the Exclusive line level. For those not familiar with AS Exclusive, these are wonderful shoes, and as close at it gets to the EG quality in my opinion. As most people here know, the same craftsmen used to and still make shoes for some other lines that are sold at much higher prices...
Belts available in snuff suede or similar color?

The brown suede tubo belt we carry is much darker than snuff - closer to mink. We will add lighter suedes for spring.
gdl, you (&the armory guys) are curators and purveyors of very tasteful, very desirable stuff

oh thank you! Much appreciated - and placed in good company too !

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Checking in to join everyone's congratulations and excitement. Amazing stuff Greg & team!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

this one is for jet

just lost my lunch

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Jet : But I showed you the tip !

@Emart : thanks for the help!

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
ya I'll probably pick up the black 34 son

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And I'll have to be patient and wait for spring. Oh wells I'm sure I'll find something to spend my free shopping spree on when the store opens

Asian Afro

Reaction score
Sorry, not saying the shoes aren't sexy, but they are a bit pedestrian after the knits, the suits and the coats. :) Like the loafers.

Sorry to disappoint. They're certainly classic styles, but IMO the execution is up there and on par with their better rated Northampton brethren. I personally love the waist.
I think they are all Alfred Sargent.

Yes, they are all part of a capsule of make-ups we designed with Alfred Sargent and made at the Exclusive line level. For those not familiar with AS Exclusive, these are wonderful shoes, and as close at it gets to the EG quality in my opinion. As most people here know, the same craftsmen used to and still make shoes for some other lines that are sold at much higher prices...

I wasn't truly disappointed. With the high bar you've set for yourselves, the shoes would have to be made by Delos to top what's been revealed so far.

How does your AS last compare with EG's 202?

emptym

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the AS exclusives. I own those and the handgrades, and I like the exclusives a little more, mainly because of the waists and heels (rounded for exclusive, notched for handgrade). This model is perhaps my favorite, the Carroll w/o the tassel: I'd like it in black w/o the medallion. Suede would be great too. If you can get them to make a t
Checking in to join everyone's congratulations and excitement. Amazing stuff Greg & team!
Hey T!

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoes are the first thing posted here that I haven't wanted or at least thought 'wow' about. AS aren't quite at the same level of quality and design as the other stuff you've chosen IMHO.

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The shoes are the first thing posted here that I haven't wanted or at least thought 'wow' about. AS aren't quite at the same level of quality and design as the other stuff you've chosen IMHO.

Well that's a pretty good approval rate ! :)

I think you're incorrect about AS Exclusive but I don't blame you. I don't think AS has done the best job at explaining or marketing their higher end offering. The multiple lines and quality levels can also be confusing. Let's just say that when I started with my blank page and looked for the right maker of classic Northampton shoes, I had a number of choices. I was truly impressed by the AS Exclusive construction, leather quality and craftsmanship. Certainly not something often rivaled at that price point unless for shoes are made in low cost countries.

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
I have two pairs of AS Exclusives. Love them both. Fantastic shoes.

I actually purchased the first pair over EGs because I couldn't find any sure-fire differentiators that justified the cost gap (at least IMO).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics