• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the fit pic, Greg.

Fully understand that a small target clientele does not justify having stock in all possible fit configurations.
Maybe I'm an odd one out. Not quite StanVonBuren or Clapeyron material, as I'm just 6'2 at 172 lbs, and have long arms.

Suppose a 52L will be my playing field then. It would be much easier if I was geographically closer (and/or had access to decent tailoring services) and could more easily take advantage of your very generous return policy. Notwithstanding, might well do that very soon, and rather hope with success at first attempt (to avoid the hassle of returns).

Best,
Michael

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
52L may work for me. It may turn out I'm just very stupid, ha.

I'm going to measure P2P on some of my jackets and compare to that 52L measurement on the website.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Added
- some Bigi ties and squares
- couple new Chapman Sten bags

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate to be a nudge, as you guys seem to be quite busy preparing new meat for the sartorial piranha pool, but any chance to get a waist measure on the gunclub SC in sz 50? Aside from a slightly smaller shoulder, it appears to me to be closer to a 40 than a 38.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We'll take the measure, no problem. That said, everyone has sized up on the Cantarelli sport coats.

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know nobody is interested in my order, but I thought I'd quickly note that NMWA told me the blue sweater below is likely "cloch" and not "lisheen." Apparently, they have an Inis Meain pub jacket made from the same material

Just in case anyone was trying to decide on colors.

sprout2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know nobody is interested in my order, but I thought I'd quickly note that NMWA told me the blue sweater below is likely "cloch" and not "lisheen." Apparently, they have an Inis Meain pub jacket made from the same material

Just in case anyone was trying to decide on colors.

No, I appreciate that. But on the Ben Silver website it says that colorway is Lisheen. Maybe Greg can step in with a pic of their pub jacket?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

No, I appreciate that. But on the Ben Silver website it says that colorway is Lisheen. Maybe Greg can step in with a pic of their pub jacket?

Christ Almighty. Probably good to just ignore everything I say. I actually have no idea what I'm talking about, or even what I'm ordering.

I hope a pretty sweater in my size comes in the mail at some point.

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lisheen is more blue, cloch is gunmetal grey. Depending on how well the color is represented on a screen (and God knows it's VERY VERY hard to do with some colors), it may look like one or the other.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I hate to be a nudge, as you guys seem to be quite busy preparing new meat for the sartorial piranha pool

This visualizes well; in my minds eye I can picture Stitchy, Die, Jet, and others relentlessly circling the drop zone while Greg+co chum the waters with Rota, Inis, and more.

Last edited:

sprout2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope a pretty sweater in my size comes in the mail at some point.

laugh.gif

Lisheen is more blue, cloch is gunmetal grey. Depending on how well the color is represented on a screen (and God knows it's VERY VERY hard to do with some colors), it may look like one or the other.

I looked at the swatches picture again. I see decidedly no blue in the cloch swatch. FWIW when I was doing forensics on the Ben Silver site they have a pic of the model in open sunlight, and the Lisheen looks pretty much as expected: a gray-blue blue-gray (??).

Well, if you have time to snap the sample, it might give us another data point. I think the key to making photos meaningful is not colors in isolation but how they relate to other things around them. E.g. something next to a Coca-Cola can is always going to be more indicative than something in a white void. This is why I always appreciate dieworkwear's contextual pics.

Meanwhile, did anyone order Trefoil?
stirpot.gif

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Btw, underneath is a sample of Fat Carter made up in canvas and leather (available through our trunk show MTO in several shades of canvas - and leather, with monogram option)

A handsome alternative to a Filson brief (much better organization and zippered compartments IMO)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads