• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the same two fabrics (white and light blue) from Albini that we had cut in dress shirts and popovers.

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the same two fabrics (white and light blue) from Albini that we had cut in dress shirts and popovers.

they're going to be great. any chance you've seen your pm re: inis linen sizing help ?

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please tell me the full zip cardi has a two-way/double (whatsitcalled?) zipper!?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Please tell me the full zip cardi has a two-way/double (whatsitcalled?) zipper!?

Regular zipper (although with the nice little Inis Meain leather pull) and no pockets.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regular zipper (although with the nice little Inis Meain leather pull) and no pockets.

Thanks, Greg. It's still amazing and on the list (in 230, absolutely, ++). Will the MTO be individual or standard sizing?

My first (a few more on the way incl. LBM Casentino and Monkton, can't wait...) NMWA shipment arrived and loving the Malko's.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's nice and simple - I was surprised to actually like it (I'm no big fan of zips on knits usually)

Talking about Heschung, that's another maker that went the extra mile to prepare a special MTO offering for our spring trunk show. I'm really excited to tell you more about that one ! :slayer:

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's nice and simple - I was surprised to actually like it (I'm no big fan of zips on knits usually)

Had a knit cardi with a double zipper, went the way of Koch- und Buntwaesche (i.e. machine wash, non delicates = high spin), and had to be passed on to a good friend of mine. He was happy.

The point of a two-way zipper on a cardigan is obviously to allow opening the low end by 2-3", which is the equivalent of leaving the bottom 1-2 buttons open.

=> Hence, the real dot on the 'i' would be if it indeed came with one. Any chance to possibly add the option or change it to one? Could imagine all of us would prefer it that way? (please chime in, gents) Apologies for my persistence, Greg.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I don't think it is. Sorry

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I got was the 42...some other fortunate souls seem to have gotten the others, as they're sold out on the site. Only 36 and 46 left.

I got the 2nd 42.
smile.gif
(happy camper)

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a knit cardi with a double zipper, went the way of Koch- und Buntwaesche (i.e. machine wash, non delicates = high spin), and had to be passed on to a good friend of mine. He was happy.

The point of a two-way zipper on a cardigan is obviously to allow opening the low end by 2-3", which is the equivalent of leaving the bottom 1-2 buttons open.

=> Hence, the real dot on the 'i' would be if it indeed came with one. Any chance to possibly add the option or change it to one? Could imagine all of us would prefer it that way? (please chime in, gents) Apologies for my persistence, Greg.

Just to second what DeSense is saying, a single zipper is unflattering in the way it falls on the hips unless you are very skinny. The double zipper is much more appealing.

I only mention so you can provide the feedback to IM for possible future options.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oops
shog[1].gif

a double zipper

the meds

and Kyle

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, europrep.

Here is my final statement (promise, won't bring it up again), if it comes with a double zipper I'll commit to buy 100% and won't mind paying a bit more for the upgrade. If IM don't have any in their repertoire it can't be helped, understood. Maybe feedback for future then? But if they have, and this being an MTO, ... ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads