1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Thanks, Greg!

Nope, this is an Isaia for SFA that I have had for a number of years. i like it well enough, but The Panta is a much lighter and more AFB than this, and the cut, fit and lapels are much better too. Also, the Panta is part of a suit. My next project with Ed may be for a better than ever true blue SC. : )

2. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

OPERATION NAPOLI

Alright... so here is an opportunity to benefit from the incredible value of our Sartoria Formosa suits (I think you know the skinny on them, cut and handmade in Naples, on the bespoke bench, with only the best premium fabrics), and order exactly the size of jacket and trousers that fit you best. If you need a 52R jacket with 56 trousers, or a 50L suit with 48 trousers, this is your chance to get that, and at the RTW prices.

Here are three cloths that we have selected (and in one case, are having made just for us) to supplement our fall/winter assortment. All will be sold at a price of $2,195 before tailoring discount and SF discount = approx. $1,850 after all that.

Email customer@nomanwalksalone.com by Tuesday 5/20 to pre-order your suit. At that date we are finalizing the RTW size run and getting the cloth to Formosa to start cutting. 50% deposit is due on order, balance on delivery this fall.

[ 1 ] Fox Flannel grey herringbone suit - spalla manica a camicia, patch hip pockets, barchetta chest pocket. Full lining. Dark brown horn buttons.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Amazing cloth, 13/14 oz, beautiful hand and a great salt & pepper look to it. We also have a length here in the office if anyone wants to grab it to get measured for a bespoke suit

[ 2 ] Minnis Classics dark navy plain weave suit - spalla cadente, flapped hip pockets, barchetta chest pocket. Full lining. Dark brown horn buttons.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Minnis Classic 0766 "Midnight" navy (which is really a dark navy, could not be mistaken for black). Uber classic cloth, in the best possible way. 13/14 oz plain weave, quite possibly the most versatile navy suit that could be made - would feel at ease in a conservative business environment and is not such a saturated blue that it would look odd for an evening out with a crisp white shirt.

[ 3 ] Special Re-Edition of Minnis mini-houndstooth flannel suit - spalla cadente, flapped hip pockets, barchetta chest pocket. Full lining. Dark brown horn buttons.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This one is special. We love Minnis 0656 and we're not the only ones - as @unbelragazzo mentioned, it has been a darling of SF for years with dapper gents like iammatt, voxsartoria and Parker having made suits in that cloth. Minnis doesn't make it anymore but we've commissioned a special re-run of the cloth for us. We'll be using some of that cloth to have Sartoria Formosa make suits for us, and some will be available to purchase in lengths (for those who prefer to have theirs custom-made). A fantastic cloth with a lot of character and a great hand. 12 oz flannel off-white/charcoal houndstooth

Some pics of made up suits from Parker and vox:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2014
    7 people like this.
  3. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

These Formosa suits seem like the best deal going in RTW for a fantastic, high end product. Especially given the choice of fabrics.

1 person likes this.
  4. in stitches

That would be correct.

5. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Greg have you considered carrying Formosa odd jackets?

6. gdl203

Yes. We've been toying with it. But we have great sport coats coming in the fall with two new makers on the roster, so this may be a bit too much for right now.

Another thing that I think could be great is to have some customer-driven group MTO projects. We have a fantastic maker here, beautiful work and cut, very flexible. The great prices we're able to sell their products is in some way enabled by the purchase of bulk length of fabric - so thinking about special editions GMTO in that context would be awesome. And that way, we can also get custom cloth made because we could meet minimum mill requirements.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. jet

jet Senior member

thanks greg, i'll prob pick up the swim trunks

what a steal on phenomenol suits love that ht cloth

1 person likes this.
  8. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

^ Indeed, awesome deal. These are going to be popular, especially with the guys who have to buy "suit separates" to get the right pants size.

1 person likes this.
  9. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

+1.

10. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

6'-ish. In the photo the back blade was almost even with the front, which was at belt level. And that was after a couple of re-ties to try different lengths. I measured, and it's almost a half inch narrower 18" and 20" from the tip compared to ties that have my preferred knot size. As I said, I assumed that's just Bigi's style and personal preference on my part. Not a criticism.

Re Formosa MTO: :drool: Gotta try to figure out my size(s).

11. jet

jet Senior member

mr six what width are your other ties at their widest?

12. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Widest: 3.2-3.5".
    18" from tip: 3.375-3.5"
    20" from tip: 3.125-3.25"

The Bigi is 3.25" at its widest but tapers more drastically.

13. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

goddamn those Formosas look good

1 person likes this.
  14. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King Senior member

Greg, I understand that the jacket configurations have been selected by you but do the pants have to be ordered in the same configuration & fit as the pants on the already existing RTW Formosa you have in the store? Or would it be possible to make a limited/generic request like pleats, high rise, etc?

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  15. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Senior member

+10

16. gdl203

No we cannot change the pattern of either jacket or suit, nor request any special details. I do not like the idea of selling something that I have not seen, that the customer has not seen, etc... If it's bespoke and there's fittings, then it all should turn out well - but remote MTM like this isn't what I had in mind for this project.

17. gdl203

@dirnelli trying on a Formosa suit and looking boss (for lack of a better word)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2014
    6 people like this.
  18. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

It is ridiculous and unfair how we'll that fits him without alterations. I sure hope he bought a few. That guy already has one hell of a suit wardrobe.

19. in stitches

hot damn. which one is that?

20. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

that fit is really stunning off the rack on dirnelli!