1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. LelandJ

LelandJ Senior member

You don't think USPS hasn't been cutting employees and are understaffed? Griping about people with unfair workloads never sits well with me, but I had the perspective of giving exceptional service with maximum workloads in the most stressful service job in NYC for years.

2. zxcvbn

zxcvbn Senior member

While we're on the subject of USPS and Canadians...

I'm a Canadian and I emailed last week after putting in my merino order that I forgot to put the request for USPS in the gift message box. Haven't yet received a reply and wasn't sure if the email got lost or if you guys are just swamped with emails following the preorder, so I thought I'd post here. Sorry for adding to your workload, will remember in the future to add that to the box!

3. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thanks. Since these are deposits and we're not shipping anything yet, we haven't focused on Canadian order shipping preferences yet.

When you checkout with your balance payment in the fall, please try to remember to add a note for USPS then.

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I think the moral of the story is that you can't do shit without money.

I live in a small town with a low cost of living, and USPS jobs are if not coveted, at least valued, by the employees (I know a few outside of their job.) The result is generally very good service, with exceptions, of course. In a big city, the cost of living is higher, and the pool of good workers is commensurately lower, while the workload is heavier. Connect the dots.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    2 people like this.
  5. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Funniest, most ridiculous experience with USPS for me has been hearing a help-desk person tell me that the reason my package appears to have been delivered when I check online, but is actually still somewhere in transit, is because it was still on the truck because it was "easier for the delivery person to mark all items as delivered in the morning, instead of one-by-one on his route." I was also told that this was normal, acceptable service.

I do like shipping with USPS Priority mail because it's fast and cheap and has not failed me yet. But... caveat emptor.

6. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Soooooooooo ........ Is my Frozen Waves coat ready yet?

7. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Off topic, but "vast amounts" is an unfair exaggeration. I actually think that shitty rates of service are the same in the private sector. Also, USPS is a quasi-governmental agency at this point, so calling them government employees isn't totally accurate.

8. in stitches

Fair point. Apologies for making too much of a blanket statement.

9. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

No worries. I work with a number of government agencies and have a generally positive opinion, but I understand the many reasons that people get frustrated with them, often for totally legitimate reasons (but not always!).

10. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Alright that was a bit of a thread derail... Apologies for the USPS bitching - it just pains me to see our loyal customers paying for nice clothes and then having boxes sitting in our office for a week and a half...

Anywho - we're adding a few more summer items, including some real nice swimwear from French maker Robinson Les Bains today. More in the next couple days.

2 people like this.
  11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

[​IMG]

Finally mine. :satisfied:

3 people like this.
  12. LA Guy

Dear @gdl203,

Your store is not allowing me to spend my money. Please help.

Cheers,

Fok.

1 person likes this.
  13. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

The argument that the US govt can't be trusted to deliver mail because of disgruntled workers sounds intuitive. Unfortately you have a poor data sample to support it. I've shipped hundreds of things through USPS and had minimal issues with delivery in the US. Most time delays come from foreign mail services, or from extraordinary weather events like this years ice storms.

Then again, Bmore is pretty ghetto, so maybe it's just cause of that :D Hope you don't mind me saying that since youre a Denverite

End soapbox rant.

1 person likes this.
  14. in stitches

good kop.

Dear Fok,

Sorry about the glitch. Please just PayPal the amount to in stitches, I believe you have his PP address from the Holiday Charity Auctions. Make sure to notate the items you are purchasing in the message box along with the payment.

Best,

Greg

PS - I am using stitches account. Long story, I'll explain later.

2 people like this.
  15. coolron

coolron Senior member

Stitchy and Greg have symbiotically fused . Beard synergy too strong.

2 people like this.
  16. LA Guy

lol

I read this in my email notification and nearly did just that in my confusion.

2 people like this.
  17. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

GDL, you and stitchy are havig a meat up? :D

18. in stitches

:fu:

19. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Any fit pics?

:rotflmao:

20. Wallcloud

Wallcloud Senior member

how the heck do the sizes on Rota trousers work? I am a 38 us. Is that a 56 eu or uk or whatever the hell those numbers are?

Size your pants in American, dammit!!!! These colors dont run!!