1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

^^Nice.

I just saw these new Heschungs:

[​IMG]

For those of us who are new to the brand (and don't want to read the thread again), how do these fit? TTS or should we size down? Thanks.

2. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

I have the Heschung Crocus, and I'd say definitely down 1/2 size if you have normal to wide-ish feet, a whole size if you have normal to narrow feet. I originally bought TTS and they were huge so I exchanged them for a half size down. They still are quite long in length but are even a bit tight in width right through the arch of my foot (my feet are a bit wide) so I don't think a full size down would have been comfortable for me. YMMV.

3. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Any new codes for April?

4. mmmtttt

mmmtttt Senior member

12 days since I ordered and USPS has yet to pick up my package. That is some real laziness, not too sure anymore if it's worth it to save on duties.

5. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I had the exact same experience with the Panax model, FWIW.

6. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Senior member

The temptation for an April fools joke right now is overwhelming...

Instead, I have two (!!) codes for you. The first is the April SF code: SF10APR

The second is a special promotion we started for the trunk show but are extended to the rest of you now, and that is for an extra 20% of all sale items: EXTRA20SALE

And to be the bad guy and get all of this out of the way now: The codes do not stack, and because of limitations in the back-end we can't mix normal items (that get the 10% SF discount) with final sale ones and have both codes work on the appropriate items at checkout. If you decide to purchase items from both categories it will have to be in two separate checkouts, but we can of course box and ship them together.

At the risk of sounding defensive, it's very frustrating on our end as well. We schedule pickups for every day, yet they don't seem to want to come any more. It used to be that we would schedule pickups daily and they would come maybe once out of every three times, which is why we ask to allow for extra time if you request USPS, but for the past few weeks they have just ignored us completely. I even get confirmation emails that a successful pickup was made, indicating X items and X lbs, when they very obviously did not come. Yesterday I took the trek to our local USPS office with a half dozen boxes for you guys and was turned around saying that they were unable to process international orders at the time because the computers were down, so that was a bummer. Keep in mind these all have postage paid and they just need to be scanned by someone and have the customs form stamped, which is annoying because you can't just leave the boxes without going through an agent there. We'll try our luck again today though!

7. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I think it's hard to put in words just how extraordinarily shitty of a service USPS provides. It would be one thing if they stuck to the bare minimum service (no smile, no favors, work as slowly as you can) that you see in other agencies. But USPS takes it down a bunch of notches to unacceptable, unreliable service. As Kyle mentions, agents repeatedly lie and falsify documents to be able to get away with simply not doing their job.

8. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

How about posting in the Schneider thread about a second pre-order run of the Schneider Frozen Waves Merino Coat. Too cruel? ;)

9. mmmtttt

mmmtttt Senior member

I'm just surprised that you guys even go through the trouble of offering us canadians USPS shipping with those kind of stories, shows the level of customer service provided by NMWA. My post was really meant as a warning to the other canadians that are considering trying to save on the duties that depending on the size of the order it's possibly not worth it.

Thanks for everything you're doing to try to get the packages out, I think most of the frustration comes from the fact to you offer such amazing products that people (well me at least) don't have the patience to wait for their order.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  10. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Please, please, please. That would be amazing.

11. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

yup yup. USPS sucks old hairy donkey balls.

12. Robstrongo

Robstrongo Senior member

Does anyone have fit pics of the Cantarelli Green & brown gun check sport coat?

13. mmmtttt

mmmtttt Senior member

Not sure if this happens to anyone else, but when I go to the bottom of the Sales section, i get stucked with this message : ''Loading more products, please be patient...'' and nothing actually ever loads. (The last items are the brown valstar, Charcoal button Inis and Navy crooked Inis)

Are those actually the last items or is something supposed to load ?

14. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It's loading for me - it's slow (even more than normal as a lot of people are now on this page) but it should load. That said the last item is the Inis Meain pub jacket

15. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

paging @Ambulance Chaser.

16. mmmtttt

mmmtttt Senior member

Thanks, worked super fast in Chrome, wasnt loading for some reason with Firefox.

17. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Yikes I did some NMWA damage this morning.

18. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Not to worry, I hear they are spending mega $$$ to upgrade to new hairy donkey balls.

19. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Don't be a tease...what did ya get? I picked up a pair of Big Johns yesterday. First non Levi's for me...movin on up!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  20. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Congrats!

I got the blue linen puppy tooth and bottle green Rotas, and then I picked up the Inglese button-down tattersall shirt (work appropriate, AND game-day approved).