• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, those AS Russian calf are niiiiiiiiice. :nodding:

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Valstar down filled parka jackets are awesome, makes me want to wish I lived in Alaska or some cold place. Are they rain proof?

I've had one since October. It has seen rain and snow and bitter cold. It is fantastically warm, and definitely water resistant, but it is not water proof. If you stand out in the rain, eventually it will soak through. But for all of my practical purposes, there are no concerns about its ability to handle the elements.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alfred Sargent suede cap boots arrived today!!! They are awesome and fit great, thanks!

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These boots are pretty awesome, still can't believe the founders sale deal on them:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

These boots are pretty awesome, still can't believe the founders sale deal on them:

Those look so good, and as someone who has followed your shoe sizing tribulations through various threads let me say it's great that the fit seems to work. Here's to hoping they stay on your feet and out of your ST signature... :)

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
OS jacket got here. Formosa was MIA...waiting to see what's up. Pretty happy with the jacket, kind of big in the waist but will be nice for layers. Who am I kidding though, I live in southern CA!

Last edited:

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The beige are good for business casual with a brown shoe (my choice: RL Marlow short wings), blue ocbd, and a sweater.

Friday it was the mid grey doing comfortable casual as well as any pant can. Sweater? Check. OCBD? Check. Alden PTB? Check. Warm, relaxed, and comfortable. It is becoming my uniform.

Last edited:

Von Franz

Reaction score
Thinking of picking up one of the Scott & Charters cashmere rollnecks.

I'm around 6' 0" and 140 lbs, and wear a 36R jacket; should I go for a small or a medium?

-VF

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tirailleur1

So I was at the NMWA studio working on some thangs and Couldn't help myself but to try one of these bad boys from esemplare

Why am I covering my nose you say?

Well the jacket is the ****. IT reeks of reversible goodness

Spring time at NMWA is gonna be bloody

Asian Afro

Reaction score

Thinking of picking up one of the Scott & Charters cashmere rollnecks.

I'm around 6' 0" and 140 lbs, and wear a 36R jacket; should I go for a small or a medium?

-VF

What's your shirt sleeve length? I'm 5'7" and wear 38S jackets and 15-34 shirts. The rollneck in small is about an eighth of an inch too short for me in sleeves.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those look so good, and as someone who has followed your shoe sizing tribulations through various threads let me say it's great that the fit seems to work. Here's to hoping they stay on your feet and out of your ST signature... :)

Thanks! Yeah it can be a pain trying to find something that fits properly, so when I do I don't let them go. These are most definitely staying on my feet.

Von Franz

Reaction score

What's your shirt sleeve length? I'm 5'7" and wear 38S jackets and 15-34 shirts. The rollneck in small is about an eighth of an inch too short for me in sleeves.

I wear 15-33 shirts.
How slim is the body of the sweater?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads