• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are any of the Lunettes polarized? After wearing polarized sunglasses for years, hard to switch.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

its really insane. i think all my orders arrived the next day after i placed the order or two days after. its practically instant gratification.

West coast so slow via UPS :foo:

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FGU - what size are you normally where the 43 in U did not fit?  I am considering the same shoe, but only tried on the F last when visiting Greg.  

I have the Alt Wein in 43 (P2 last) and it fits well or even slightly big. I think if I had sized down to a 42.5, it would be too small though. I had heard others say size up in the U, but I figured since the 43 in P2 was a little roomy a 43 in U might work, but unfortunately it was too small. The U is more narrow, but additionally it seemed to have much less volume. Since my foot sort of borders on being wide, I think there just isn't enough room in a 43 for my foot. Maybe it would stretch out, but I think sizing up was a better option since NMWA was cool enough to do it even though they were final sale.

I'm usually a UK 9E in C&J, US 10 D or E depending in AE, RL, etc.

Last edited:

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Anyone have any sizing advice for the Rota cotton trousers? I was talking with Stitchy and I am between a 33-34 in trousers so I was considering the size 48s. Has anyone tried them and have any advice for sizing? Are they heavy?
They are heavy and lovely, the fabric is really fantastic. If you are a 33-34 you won't fit in the 48's. To avoid sizing confusion, I'm basically a measured 33 to 33.5 inch waist depending on the day and the 48's weren't close for me. I also have a hockey's players build in my lower body which doesn't help with the seat or thigh fit either. But I would certainly go up from the 48, I would say 50 or 52 depending on your thigh size. If you want a pair of 48's in the medium tan though, I'd be happy to sell you a pair.

They are also garment dyed after being made so you want to be taking these in as opposed to letting them out if you have to alter them.
teacha.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

West coast so slow via UPS :foo:

same from west to east. its usually 5 business day with UPS from anything i order in cali. :fu:

AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT!!

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not familiar with the Carmina lasts or G&G but I'm also a UK10 in EG888 and take uk10 in AS104

Thanks! If you don't mind, are your feet wide/high instep or narrow/low instep?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! If you don't mind, are your feet wide/high instep or narrow/low instep?
My feet are average width but I do have a reasonably high instep (multiple basketball sprained ankles)

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have the Alt Wein in 43 (P2 last) and it fits well or even slightly big. I think if I had sized down to a 42.5, it would be too small though. I had heard others say size up in the U, but I figured since the 43 in P2 was a little roomy a 43 in U might work, but unfortunately it was too small. The U is more narrow, but additionally it seemed to have much less volume. Since my foot sort of borders on being wide, I think there just isn't enough room in a 43 for my foot. Maybe it would stretch out, but I think sizing up was a better option since NMWA was cool enough to do it even though they were final sale.

I'm usually a UK 9E in C&J, US 10 D or E depending in AE, RL, etc.

Helpful, thanks. Still debating between these and AS suede boots.

Vicious49

Reaction score
What is this no returns business? And how can I leave the tag attached if it was not attached to begin with? Sounds like a setup to me.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No returns means that you just got a sick deal. No one is forced to buy anything at outrageous discounts - we are always happy to provide free shipping and free returns on regular price merchandise.

The fact that the tag wasn't attached isn't so relevant here because, well, this is a final sale product.

:)

Last edited:

Vicious49

Reaction score
Just kidding. Ordered the Heschung bluchers in my Barrie size and they fit great. I wanted a black blucher that I could wear in any weather and not worry about babying and they're exactly that. Glad I held out as long as I did and got them at over 50% off.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:slayer:

Vicious49

Reaction score
No returns means that you just got a sick deal. No one is forced to buy anything at outrageous discounts - we are always happy to provide free shipping and free returns on regular price merchandise.

The fact that the tag wasn't attached isn't so relevant here because, well, this is a final sale product.

smile.gif
I was keeeeding! But that tag was unattached so if it had been a regular purchase, would have been hard to return. It was a sick deal, especially since I was considering the shoes a few weeks earlier and decided to check some Aldens out instead before coming back to them.

Need to hit them with some conditioner and Renovateur. Also considering trying to darken the white stitching so it doesn't stand out as much. That's what made them look like Doc Martens online although in real life they're nowhere near as clunky as that.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics