• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is it possible that the Heschung Taupe Malko Boots are still available in sizes 8.5-10 and then some? People are sleeping on these boots. Perfect casual (and really comfortable) boots that go equally with casual trousers/chinos and awesome with jeans. These boots are the perfect substitute for those MC cats who can't bring themselves to wear sneakers that cost more than $90, but don't mind dropping $200-$800 on properly stitched and well crafted shoes/boots. These were the perfect mix of sneaker/boot I have been looking for in my wardrobe for a while. Quality shoe.

Anyone own the Valstarino and can comment on its quality, fit, and appearance? Did you take your normal size? It appears to run on the non-slim side compared to other jackets, but maybe blousons are supposed to fit more relaxed.

Still considering one of those bombers but undecided on the color. Seems like a nice jacket with denim so I ruled out the blue - too matching.

Brown stands out the most to me but I own a lot of brown herringbone stuff already.

I own the grey and for more information and a fit pic, search my username in this thread and proceed to the checkout page on NMWA :D

Last edited:

malat

Reaction score

How is it possible that the Heschung Taupe Malko Boots are still available in sizes 8.5-10 and then some? People are sleeping on these boots. Perfect casual (and really comfortable) boots that go equally with casual trousers/chinos and awesome with jeans. These boots are the perfect substitute for those MC cats who can't bring themselves to wear sneakers that cost more than $90, but don't mind dropping $200-$800 on properly stitched and well crafted shoes/boots. These were the perfect mix of sneaker/boot I have been looking for in my wardrobe for a while. Quality shoe.

:D

Have my eye on them. In your experience, fairly true to Size? I'm a 9USD/8.5UK generally.

Goodman

Reaction score
I would think you would want to, especially to protect from the salt at least.

I use obenauf's on all my boots, but i'm sure there are other products out there.

Thanks for the quick response. Salt is my main concern. I'm going to see if I can find Obenauf's locally. If not, Leffot carries Montana Pitch Blend and I can always stop by in the AM tomorrow.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Question for the Vass people: I'm a US 10.5+ (think a 10.6 left and a 10.7-10.8 right foot; a little extra width in the front 'round the little toe) - what's the going wisdom in sizing for me for the the Vass Budapest Oxford F-Last?

I'm fence sitting, but gravity is pulling me in...

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question for the Vass people: I'm a US 10.5+ (think a 10.6 left and a 10.7-10.8 right foot; a little extra width in the front 'round the little toe) - what's the going wisdom in sizing for me for the the Vass Budapest Oxford F-Last?

44 on the F, 45 on the U

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have my eye on them. In your experience, fairly true to Size? I'm a 9USD/8.5UK generally.

I sized them according to my Barrie size. I wear a US 8D and purchased the size 8. They fit a little longer than the Barrie last and than most boots in that size that I own, but still the right fit as they don't slip around when worn even with thinner socks and I don't need an insole. They run a bit more narrow so I don't think sizing down to the 7.5 would have worked for that reason anyway.

^ Would kop in an 8 =/ but sold out

That's b/c I own them :foo:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Do you typically wear US10.5 or US11? What size do you wear in other makes (e.g., Carmina, Lobb, EG, G&G, C&J, etc.)? Just going by this information, I'd guess EU43.5, but knowing more would be helpful.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I sized them according to my Barrie size. I wear a US 8D and purchased the size 8. They fit a little longer than the Barrie last and than most boots in that size that I own, but still the right fit as they don't slip around when worn even with thinner socks and I don't need an insole. They run a bit more narrow so I don't think sizing down to the 7.5 would have worked for that reason anyway.
That's b/c I own them :foo:

Sounds like another job for rentaswag. I can proxy that for you or something.

:D

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Closet clean. :satisfied:

u6ama3e7.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads