• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am not the trendiest guy out there, by any means, but I feel like SS18 and FW18 has been right up my alley and has really played to my (Southern) prep sensibilities.

I've worn camp collared shirts in the summers since high school - boom, SS18 was the season of the camp collar shirt. Further, corduroy, shearling, pile, fleece - every winter, these have been my staples. And this FW18, I am finally able to add more interesting variations on what I have worn consistently every winter. In fact, a lot of things (i.e., my 18 East polar fleece vest) have simply replaced something that I already owned (i.e., my Patagonia vest that I haven't worn because I feel too douchey).

I know this isn't going to last forever. Maybe I have always been ahead of the curve (not really). But man, at least for me, things can't get much better.

Also, I picked up a strange amalgamation of items - some of which I may or may not keep - that interest me. I kind of have an idea in my head, and I am hoping they comport with that idea.

View attachment 1068805

I like to think that fashion occasionally catches up with me, personally. But maybe I'm looking at that the wrong way.

That set of pieces you've got there would mix and match really nicely I think.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like to think that fashion occasionally catches up with me, personally. But maybe I'm looking at that the wrong way.

That set of pieces you've got there would mix and match really nicely I think.

I think they may mix and match really nicely. I like the brown on brown look - but not certain how this brown on brown will look (@conceptual 4est ?).

Also, I have been extremely happy with my Tony purchases so far, and I am happy to support the guy.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think they may mix and match really nicely. I like the brown on brown look - but not certain how this brown on brown will look (@conceptual 4est ?).

Also, I have been extremely happy with my Tony purchases so far, and I am happy to support the guy.

So the Leder pants brown and the Tony corduroy brown? To me very much different browns and would work together, but I'll defer to Kyle's expertise, and also you have to like it of course.

And yes, Tony's stuff is really great IMO and worth buying. I love that brown corduroy over shirt and the light wash denim shirt, but I have at least two pieces that are essentially exactly those things (maaaaybe not quite as cool as Tony's) so I feel as if I should wear those first rather than buying variations on them. :( But I am sad about this.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the Leder pants brown and the Tony corduroy brown? To me very much different browns and would work together, but I'll defer to Kyle's expertise, and also you have to like it of course.

And yes, Tony's stuff is really great IMO and worth buying. I love that brown corduroy over shirt and the light wash denim shirt, but I have at least two pieces that are essentially exactly those things (maaaaybe not quite as cool as Tony's) so I feel as if I should wear those first rather than buying variations on them. :( But I am sad about this.

Surprisingly, I do not have a single shacket/overshirt (which is silly, because I would probably get a lot of wear out of one) nor do I own any denim or western shirts (which is not as silly, but still).

I've been struggling a lot with pants lately - I am aware this sounds stupid, but most things are either too far afield (i.e., cropped, too billowy, drop crotch, etc.) or too basic - Camoshita easy pants straddle this line extremely well. The leder pants, at first blush, are interesting, but dark enough to work as an anolog to my normal dark jean ensemble.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
I am not the trendiest guy out there, by any means, but I feel like SS18 and FW18 has been right up my alley and has really played to my (Southern) prep sensibilities.

I've worn camp collared shirts in the summers since high school - boom, SS18 was the season of the camp collar shirt. Further, corduroy, shearling, pile, fleece - every winter, these have been my staples. And this FW18, I am finally able to add more interesting variations on what I have worn consistently every winter. In fact, a lot of things (i.e., my 18 East polar fleece vest) have simply replaced something that I already owned (i.e., my Patagonia vest that I haven't worn because I feel too douchey).

I know this isn't going to last forever. Maybe I have always been ahead of the curve (not really). But man, at least for me, things can't get much better.

Also, I picked up a strange amalgamation of items - some of which I may or may not keep - that interest me. I kind of have an idea in my head, and I am hoping they comport with that idea.

View attachment 1068805

Glad to hear you're having a good run in terms of what we're feeling here as well! Whether ahead of any curve, behind it, or right on it, cool design is cool design. That said, it definitely helps when the greater zeitgeist embraces something - I think the exposure and familiarity give some everyday context and really make a difference when casually picking something up for everyday wear, leading you to not feel like you're too "out there". An example I'll give is something like an ochre colored turtleneck - 4 years ago that would have been a tough sell for us! And we stocked them, and some people did embrace it. But with the pendulum swinging for turtlenecks to be on the cool side, and 70's tones and vibes to be in again, people end up exposed to the more fashion versions of these things and it gives good context for something you may have otherwise overlooked. Because at the end of the day, an ochre colored turtleneck is a great piece for a lot of guys (regardless of what is or is not trending) pairing well with everything from grey wool trousers to blue jeans. This can be extended to short sleeve camp shirts, retro-style fleeces, and so on. A good one is a good one!

As for what you've picked - those are all good ones and some of my favorites. The ts(s) turtleneck is a low-maintenance staple (I know, I'm sorry) but they're good on their own, over shirts, or even under a flannel or shirt jacket. Greg frequently wears his with a Formosa jacket, and it still looks great. You know where I stand on the Tony shirts so I'll just keep quiet lest you all think I'm a sycophant. To me, the Leder trousers are the wildcard here as they're a ton of fun to wear but they're REALLY serious and actually are good for those super cold days we get up here.

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
Anyway, here are some gratuitous shots of me loving the Naissance turtleneck in the cream color that we now stock.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're having a good run in terms of what we're feeling here as well! Whether ahead of any curve, behind it, or right on it, cool design is cool design. That said, it definitely helps when the greater zeitgeist embraces something - I think the exposure and familiarity give some everyday context and really make a difference when casually picking something up for everyday wear, leading you to not feel like you're too "out there". An example I'll give is something like an ochre colored turtleneck - 4 years ago that would have been a tough sell for us! And we stocked them, and some people did embrace it. But with the pendulum swinging for turtlenecks to be on the cool side, and 70's tones and vibes to be in again, people end up exposed to the more fashion versions of these things and it gives good context for something you may have otherwise overlooked. Because at the end of the day, an ochre colored turtleneck is a great piece for a lot of guys (regardless of what is or is not trending) pairing well with everything from grey wool trousers to blue jeans. This can be extended to short sleeve camp shirts, retro-style fleeces, and so on. A good one is a good one!

As for what you've picked - those are all good ones and some of my favorites. The ts(s) turtleneck is a low-maintenance staple (I know, I'm sorry) but they're good on their own, over shirts, or even under a flannel or shirt jacket. Greg frequently wears his with a Formosa jacket, and it still looks great. You know where I stand on the Tony shirts so I'll just keep quiet lest you all think I'm a sycophant. To me, the Leder trousers are the wildcard here as they're a ton of fun to wear but they're REALLY serious and actually are good for those super cold days we get up here.

Thanks for the reply, Kyle. You touched on some interesting concepts.

And for what it is worth, I bought the ochre Merz sweatshirt years ago, and it is my single most-worn layering garment.

And I agree - the Leder trousers are the wild card. I have a feeling I will probably end up returning them, because, well, I really, really do not need them.

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Kyle. You touched on some interesting concepts.

And for what it is worth, I bought the ochre Merz sweatshirt years ago, and it is my single most-worn layering garment.

And I agree - the Leder trousers are the wild card. I have a feeling I will probably end up returning them, because, well, I really, really do not need them.

Oh yeah it was just me spitballing - none of that is grounded in any empirical evidence so I'm just talking out of ******. I just find it easier to embrace what we may have once passed on once there is some additional context, even if it's something we would have liked anyway.

any chance of a restock on the olive chamula turtleneck?

No, sorry - a return is your best bet.

@conceptual 4est Is that cream turtle a M? Size up 1 still over STD US?

Can you also check PM please? Thanks so much.

Yes it's an M, but it fits a little big on me. You can go TTS on this one. I'll check PMs as soon as I'm near a computer - I've got a backlog of them so it will take a bit, sorry.

+1 @conceptual 4est , what size is the turtleneck?

M

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads