1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

To echo mockingboy, an Eidos replacement. Something in the $1,000 range.

Maybe an opening for NMWA house brand... just need something to fill that void. So hard to get something styled properly at that price point.

To expound a clarify. With Eidos as the benchmark, downmarket you start to make a lot of styling concessions - MUCH shorter jackets, crappier fabrics, baby lapels, high buttoning point, low rise trousers, etc. I would love for someone to step into the above SUSU / S&M market, and offer something - perhaps made in China - that is classically styled with NMWA's fabric choices.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018 at 6:43 PM

2. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Stylish Dinosaur

Wow, so true. The classics would be great. White shawl collar, tux, etc.

3. clee1982

clee1982 Distinguished Member

Hopefully something not completely unpadded, i’m in minority here but I don’t think completely unpadded looks good on most people, just a bit padding can fix lots of small dimple/unevenness etc. for me only wish list post Eidos is something like sal pants. Rota cost about 150 more? if I want equivalent

4. clee1982

clee1982 Distinguished Member

Out of curiousity why do you prefer 5 pockets, because it looks more casual? I always prefer regular slanted pockets on all my pants casual or not (probably explain why I only own one jean), just found them more functional in general (put stuff in or just stick hands in when it’s a bit chilling when walking)