1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

To echo mockingboy, an Eidos replacement. Something in the $1,000 range.

Maybe an opening for NMWA house brand... just need something to fill that void. So hard to get something styled properly at that price point.

To expound a clarify. With Eidos as the benchmark, downmarket you start to make a lot of styling concessions - MUCH shorter jackets, crappier fabrics, baby lapels, high buttoning point, low rise trousers, etc. I would love for someone to step into the above SUSU / S&M market, and offer something - perhaps made in China - that is classically styled with NMWA's fabric choices.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018 at 6:43 PM

2. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Stylish Dinosaur

Wow, so true. The classics would be great. White shawl collar, tux, etc.

3. clee1982

clee1982 Distinguished Member

Hopefully something not completely unpadded, i’m in minority here but I don’t think completely unpadded looks good on most people, just a bit padding can fix lots of small dimple/unevenness etc. for me only wish list post Eidos is something like sal pants. Rota cost about 150 more? if I want equivalent

4. clee1982

clee1982 Distinguished Member

Out of curiousity why do you prefer 5 pockets, because it looks more casual? I always prefer regular slanted pockets on all my pants casual or not (probably explain why I only own one jean), just found them more functional in general (put stuff in or just stick hands in when it’s a bit chilling when walking)

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

Rota can do something like Sal/Lorenzo? I would not mind paying a little more if it means getting some some more basics covered in my rotations through the MTO program. Something like high rise (11" minimum) and zip fly.

Do you size your Rota pants same as Sal?

6. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

NMWA: keep doing what you're doing. Particularly with how well you add and remove makers each season.

Also, more "Rotasport" garment-dyed, cotton/elastane, zippered Rota, and more moleskin Rota, please.

7. Shirts Anderson

Shirts Anderson Senior Member

I'll throw in my buck for another round of the KS traveller coat, either in the grey from the first time around or maybe something patterned.

Enjoy seeing what Document has in store every winter so keep it coming. I'd love to see the documentation coat, as well as the return of boucle coat.

Also, the Inis knitwear is great but I'd love to see some textured crewnecks in looser, slouchier knits (unless you already have that base covered and I'm looking in the wrong places...)

8. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Distinguished Member

Looks like you got out of your system.

9. malat

malat Senior Member

The Geller black Type 2s and the Rota sport cotton canvas pants were game-changers for me. I wear them everywhere, the park with kids, casual dinners, the office on Fridays etc. I brought the Rota cotton canvas as my only trousers on a trip to Spain in June and they were perfect for all occasions. More praise to the Frank Clegg duffle -- my win this year. Finally, several friends and I would love to see another trunk show to the Bay Area :)

10. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior Member

Some of my favorite pick-ups:

Black Geller Type 2: Totally out of my normal comfort zone, but loving them.

IM Wool Tunic: Such a cool piece.

Camoshita Easy Pants - Summer Version: Really bummed I did not jump on the wool AW make-up.

What I would like to see:

IM Pub Jacket

IM Heavy Linen Tunic

MORE from Fujito, Kaptain Sunshine, and Camoshita

Special Viberg Boot/Oxford make-up with forum collaboration. And as one member stated, NO 2030 last.

James Grose in something more approachable. I don't feel I can pull off the moto jacket. Maybe a tumbled leather baseball jacket??

2-Button Blazers: I may be in the minority, but I am not a fan of 3 roll 2

Frank Clegg expanded line (Maybe even a special collaboration???)

And +1 on Bay Area meet-up. 100% would be in again on that one.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018 at 8:21 PM

11. MrVenneri

MrVenneri Distinguished Member

Agree with @malat and @Patrick R

The only thing I would suggest is having Rota add brace buttons on your patterns without beltloops.