1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

1. NickPollica

NickPollica Distinguished Member

Would love to see the western and patchwork bandana shirts from niche come back. That and the fujito mountain parka in an easier color.

2. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

Stuff I missed and would like to see re-run:
    • Kaptain Sunshine Traveler Coat. Would like to see that Walnut (Orange) again -- I have enough navy outerwear.
    • Naissance Grizzly coat
    This season, I really wanted the Leder Great coat. I ordered my typical size, which turned out too small and the next size up had sold out. I don't know if there is appetite for another round of the Great coat, but I am still interested.

I liked the Niche re-suggestion trousers, but they seemed to run very small. Would be interested to see them again, but in sizes to accommodate 34 to 36.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018 at 8:43 AM

3. Steel28

Steel28 Distinguished Member

• Naissance Grizzly coat preorder
    • SdC bunny parka in olive preorder
    • Viberg chelsea preorder

4. sartoria vacua

sartoria vacua Active Member

- Perhaps repping the quiet contingent of big dudes here, thanks for carrying the full size range of the James Grose aviator and Document coats. Revelations.

- Thanks also for the IM New Aran sweater and PF shirt jackets.

- FW17 Formosa selection was a knockout, nicely and subtly themed (cf. just "hey, a bunch of cool fabrics") that I didn't have the eye for during the preorder window.

- Would've liked to have seen Kanata available in the more earth/muted solids. Blink or miss.

- snuff Heschung Thuya, if such a thing can be made ~ apologies for going full posh there; perhaps it wouldn't work. (And reboot the choc brown down the road). I feel like Costanza and his velvet track suit. I could spend all day draped in snuff suede.

5. oulipien

oulipien Senior Member

well, I mean—this depends on how hot it is indoors, and what else you're wearing, doesn't it? I have worn mine indoors (I run hot), but in an office that was pretty cool, with just a t-shirt on underneath. It's definitely warm, but the thinner parts on the side/underarm do help.

6. budapest12

budapest12 Distinguished Member

7. sood

sood Senior Member

a bomber style jackets in leather.
    inglese handmade shirts with buttoned down collar.
    s & c crewneck knits.
    more schenider knits.

8. cunning47

cunning47 Senior Member

I always enjoy the selection. Like someone's mentioned, I don't have the eye for much of it in the pre-order window but it's great following the thread as the season goes on and seeing how each piece is executed.

I've been having a strange relationship with one of the Norwegian rain single breasted coats since the sale started. Really want the Moscow but I've convinced myself that it's too much for the Texas weather. And, Single breasted is still available in my size

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

10. jimney

jimney Senior Member

Inis Meáin new fisherman - the sizing scared me off.

I’d be interested in a suede aviator jacket in a darker color than tan.

11. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

I would be interested in some more staple Inglese spread collar shirts, i.e., oxfords, stripes, etc. Conservative stuff. Some of mine from 3-4 years ago are starting to need replacing, and there really are very, very few in stock / available.

12. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior Member

I would’ve bought something from KS if European availability had been better.

13. justinkapur

justinkapur Distinguished Member

I have been on a huge shopping freeze, but some things I have found myself searching for are slightly more work appropriate 5 pocket pants and some light weight layering pieces like lightweight bomber jackets or sweaters. Again I havent shopped much but I have a pair of Rotas and a Valstar jacket on preorder haha

14. FLW

FLW Senior Member

General thoughts from this year:

Document always interests me, despite the fact that they generally don't make "my kind" of clothes. Of all the brands you carry, they consistently encourage me to try new things more than any other.

I have two S&C shawl cardigans and love them. I figured that I could find others that were similar but, after three years, I have never found any that I like as well (at least, for the same price). I would happily buy one in green if you carried it again. Are preorders possible? Might be an interesting way to get some colors that you would not typically carry (I have this gut feeling that S&C wouldn't work that way, but it doesn't hurt to ask).

I finally got around to buying a NR piece and it is the most interesting garment I have purchased in some time. I can't remember the last time that I unboxed a garment and was immediately more impressed than I expected to be.

The cowichan design contest was great and I loved the result. My size sold out, but I'd love to see what else we could come up with.

My interest in Eidos is largely based on price and fabric selection. The NMWA cut is really great, but I don't feel so wedded to it that I would take it no matter what. If prices jump the 20+% they are supposed to, then I will likely look elsewhere. Likewise, I don't know how much of the fabric selection had to do with Antonio vs. NMWA, but I don't have great confidence that it will continue to be as unique as it has been.