STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Noochie

Noochie Senior Member

Looking through the selections again during the sale, KS traveller coat is a standout to me in both colors. Bummed and glad they all sold, as I didn't get one but am hoping a similar model shows up next year.

2. tonio028

tonio028 Distinguished Member

The James Grose jackets are tempting at these prices. The Manila style looks so great. I'm waffling between the black leather and the tan suede offerings and then trying to make a best guess at sizing as I never tried them on. I'm generally a medium (EU 50 in Eidos and tailored suits/jackets) across the board, large in the smaller sized Japanese labels. I'm guessing 40. #firstworldproblems

3. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Distinguished Member

Tried this on while I was in NMWA HQ and had it shipped. Got it yesterday and wore it last night. It's awesome. If you're looking for a casual jacket with some warmth and water resistance, grab it while on sale.

(I went with M. 50 Formosa, V Schneider.)

4. Nat25

Nat25 Active Member

Anyone grab the IM new fisherman sweater? Curious how people are styling it etc.

5. tonio028

tonio028 Distinguished Member

Ok guys, I don't usually have MC moments, but I'm having one now maybe I can get some thoughts from the group to help me through this mental block. I have a shoe wardrobe comprised mainly of shades of brown. Too much of a clash with the black leather and better off with tan suwde or no biggie, no cares, overthinking things? I know it would be boss with my casual wear with jeans and sneaks in black or tan but was more thinking about my settings when I'm less SW&D.

6. sood

sood Senior Member

^ imo, whichever jacket you like the most, i wear my brown jacket with black shoes, fwiw!

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

@tonio028 Also wouldn’t worry too much about shoe color with the jacket. Black horse is really classic for a double rider I’d think. Can say the tan suede is really nice. 40 sounds likely. I have 52 in Eidos and 42 in James Grose.

8. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Stylish Dinosaur

Do you look like a young Marlon Brando? If so, go for black leather. If not, go for tan suede.

9. JR Magat

JR Magat Distinguished Member

Escaped the sale (for now anyway) with minimal damage... picked up 2 pocket squares (Drake's & Christian Kimber).

Don't sleep on the CK pocket squares, already own the 'Melbourne' otherwise I would have picked that one up too

10. sood

sood Senior Member

I have it, I have worn it over a tee or a casual shirt.

11. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Distinguished Member

If I may post my question here and apologies in advance.
    Does anyone experienced any sizing issues with Frank Clegg classic duffle as carry on both domestic or international? Thanks.

12. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

Not specifically Clegg. But if it doesn’t have wheels, it’s usually not high on the hitlist for gate checking. Anything on my shoulder has never been asked to be checked. Even on full flights.
    I’d hate to see that bag go though circulation.

13. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Distinguished Member

No issues with the Signature on domestic, and I would assume fine for international as well. Sometimes I wish I had the extra space of the Crossroads, but you can't beat the flexibility of the smaller one. It's a perfect fit for the small jet bin, and I can also put under the seat as a last resort with computer bag overhead if nearly full.

14. Noctone

Noctone Distinguished Member

tan suede is dope, go for it my man

15. hrv123

hrv123 Senior Member