• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

abkain

Reaction score
Good luck on the new store opening. Every item looks like a winner so far.

What size in the Inis shawl collar/horn toggle sweater do you recommend for someone who typically wears a size 44 sport coat?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind that you don't do 36S yet... it gives me time to save up the cash for when you do. But please do, eventually. Those suits are perfect. In fact, everything is perfect. Or would be if you had my size!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Argh! Congratulations you've joined the ranks of Howard Yount and Epaulet of catering exclusively to the 5'8"-6'0" crowd.

I fit perfectly in this range :fistbump:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Late to the party, but: great team, good luck, gdl!

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Yes, you did.

I'm entering my old creative guy who justs wants to wear the same black and loose yamamoto every day and not give a **** stage. I have thousands and thousands of dollars in my closet of **** I'll never wear and never care about. I was at Town and Country menswear event at Bergdorf last night and I wanted to kill everyone there. Except for Mickey Rooney. He was cool.

Anyway, back to Greg's clothes.

The Inis Meain sweaters are sweaters you wear to become a man. A sweater that you put on and go out and do an honest day of work in. They are not precious and not meant to be washed with your delicates. They should smell like sweat and oil, ***** and earth. These are the sweaters of Bull McCabe and Quint. Sweaters that leave on when you take your woman.

I swear to god, if I see one of you at a Bergdorf party wearing one of these sweaters and huddled in a corner fearing a waiter bumping into you with a tray of champagne I will throw you out a ******* window.

Greg's weekenders are also very nice.

lefty

I feel the same about anything made of shell cordovan...yep...get that hard-wearing, water-resistant leather, and....make a dainty pair of loafers you won't wear when it's cloudy out. Pfff. Wait...why be surprised that this forum is full of effete ladyboys? Meh..love it anyway. Thanks for the first proper laugh of the day.

For some reason this made me chuckle even more. SF affiliate vendor humour...maybe I'm becoming an effete ladyboy.

seriously. people say LOL far too often. in this case, I actually did. hilarious.
+1

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The Inis Meain sweaters are sweaters you wear to become a man. A sweater that you put on and go out and do an honest day of work in. They are not precious and not meant to be washed with your delicates. They should smell like sweat and oil, ***** poon and earth. These are the sweaters of Bull McCabe and Quint. Sweaters that leave on when you take your woman.  

FTFY.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why the hell would I want to smell like a woman? You think these Aran boys do?

lefty

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why the hell would I want to smell like a woman? You think these Aran boys do? lefty
To be fair, they probably smell like fish. And you can take this 'authentic man' thing too far. I'm pretty sure most of us aren't hewing wood, tilling the soil or fighting the swell to bring in a meagre load of cod. And neither are most of them these days if they are making more money from knitting (superb) sweaters...

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would prefer to smell like I've been with a woman instead of smelling like I've been alone with my hand and the "[pick your flavor] appreciation thread" which is what your sentence read like. In other words, I don't understand how taking a woman results in said sweater results in one smelling like ***** - unless you're doing it wrong. This may all be for naught if I, err, mistook your preferences. ps - that second guy from the left? Trust me, he reeks of poon; I can smell it through the internetz.
Why the hell would I want to smell like a woman? You think these Aran boys do? lefty
To be fair, they probably smell like fish.
Isn't that what I said?

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
You're flying in the face of a thousand years of maritime tradition.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They don't smell like fish; they smell like kick your ass.

Back to No Man Walks Alone. The collars on those shirts will make you weep.

lefty

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics