• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FAQ time:

Do the Sal fit exactly like the Lorenzo except no pleats?

Can an exception be made to order the NMWA x Eidos cut pants as separates? (You know for when I want to wear a belt.)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how many options and variants we offer, the first question is always "can I have something else", isn't it?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Always wanting more. I'll have to go home and try on both pants to see what fits best and put in some orders.

So, does the Sal fit more like the NMWA x Eidos suit pants or more like the Lorenzo. I am primarily concerned with the hip, waist should be fine.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Stephan Schneider SS2018: FOAMALITIES
For next spring/summer, Stephan Schneider took his inspiration from foam. All kinds of foam!

We decided to have as much fun with this as he did, and this season's pre-order is all about paring things down into a few core styles, all available in the same selection of our favorite fabrics.

We're offering three styles of shirt: the classic plain collar button-up, the short sleeve with button-down collar, and our favorite (don't laugh!) the polo.

View attachment 812943
Shirt Foam

View attachment 812944
Shirt Sponge

View attachment 812945
Polo Bubble

The fabrics include lightweight cotton poplins in the signature foamy mcfoamface colors that took the most direct inspiration from the collection: a pale yellow, a pale pink, a pale mint green, and (you guessed it) a pale blue.

View attachment 812937 View attachment 812938

The other options don't necessarily have as much to do with the theme of the collection, they just happen to be beautiful fabrics in their own right. There is a very cheery sherbet plaid (as I'm calling it), and two beautiful linen hopsacks: one a navy and white broken houndstooth, and the other a fine stripe in beiges and browns. My advice? The polo in the navy and white, and the long sleeve in the stripes.

View attachment 812939
View attachment 812940 View attachment 812941

So I mentioned it was going to be simple, but how simple?

Long sleeve shirt Foam in any of the solid pale cottons: $180 after 20% PREORDER discount, with 50% due now and 50% upon arrival in February (estimated)

Long sleeve shirt Foam in the sherbet plaid or either of the linens: $204 after 20% PREORDER discount, with 50% due now and 50% upon arrival in February (estimated)

Short sleeve shirt Sponge in any of the solid pale cottons: $180 after 20% PREORDER discount, with 50% due now and 50% upon arrival in February (estimated)

Short sleeve shirt Sponge in the sherbet plaid or either of the linens: $204 after 20% PREORDER discount, with 50% due now and 50% upon arrival in February (estimated)

Polo Bubble in any of the solid pale cottons: $156 after 20% PREORDER discount, with 50% due now and 50% upon arrival in February (estimated)

Polo Bubble in the sherbet plaid or either of the linens: $180 after 20% PREORDER discount, with 50% due now and 50% upon arrival in February (estimated)

Need to wrap up these pre-orders tomorrow night, Thursday the 27th, so I wanted to post a a little inspiration to go along with it:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, does the Sal fit more like the NMWA x Eidos suit pants or more like the Lorenzo. I am primarily concerned with the hip, waist should be fine.
Sal and Lorenzo have the same rise (higher than NMWA), leg shape (more tapered than NMWA) and leg opening (slightly smaller than NMWA). Lorenzo has pleats so a bit more room in the top block.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just tried on both the Lorenzo and "NMWA" suit pants at home. Wish I picked up a pair of Sal from previous season to gauge fit some more. Do not need another suit right now, so, I think I'm going all in with the Lorenzo. (If someone has both the "NMWA" suit and Sal pants, what are your thoughts on the two fits?)

A proper albeit poor photo of the NMWA x Eidos birdseye light wool suit. I don't think I even need to shorten the sleeves or take in the waist of the pants. Just a simple hem and I am going to ask if the hip can be let it a tad to accommodate my 'seat'.

IMG-1180.JPG

I do not have any odd jackets but that gunclub check linen is pretty great. How does it compare to previous gunclub check jackets put forth by NMWA? The jacket seems to make a consistent appearance albeit in slightly different makeups.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't see pic

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got a jacket made up in a different fabric from this Solbiati heavy linen bunch. It's a pretty fantastic fabric--breathable despite the weight; smooth, canvassy feel; decent drape; wrinkles enough for character but not so much to be annoying. This one looks like an awesome choice of a summer sport coat.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course I bought one pair of the "high rise" Rotas and they wear so much better on me than the mid-rise variant. Luckily it was before I put in my S/S preorders but the 3 F/W preorders that I just got emails about are all mid rise. Ah well. They still fit, I'm just a bit spoiled with how comfortable the high rise is relatively speaking

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eidos DB cream jacket pre-ordered! So, it looks like I have 6-7 month to decide if I want to keep the original buttons when it arrives, or trade 'em out for MOP for (maybe) a bit more versatility...

tuxedo_cream_linen_silk_cotton_9__2.jpg

MOP buttons.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads