٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

No ill effects on other parts of the shirt, like the collar?

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

HA! i thought someone might say that. but the rise on the formosa is just right for me. bummer that the inglese does not quite work for me. to NMWA dudes or anyone who has bought both, are the mazz any longer?

3. steveoly

steveoly Senior member

Yes, I have both Mazzarelli and Inglese and like you, struggle a little with the Inglese shortness. I have not had any issues with the Mazz. I can get you a length measurement tonight. I wear a 16.5 in both and IIRC we're pretty similar in sizes correct?

4. malat

malat Senior member

None at all. I tumble dried on low heat, and also pulled it out immediately to iron. Looks and fits great. The bit of shrinkage was just what I needed. I will probably dry clean from here on out as I do with most of my shirts and trousers though.

5. ezlau

ezlau Senior member

I have Mazzarelli and Inglese, both in 15/38. The Mazzarelli is definitely longer, has a longer shoulder measurement, longer overall sleeves and a more relaxed cut/drop from chest to waist than the Inglese. I almost wanna say the Inglese shirt is made for skinny (and short) Asians, as the Size 15/38 fits nothing like my other shirts in similar sizing, but works out for me perfectly.

6. in stitches

yup yup, same size!!!

that would be awesome. i guess length in back from BoC to hem and length in front from top of collar to bottom button closure, would be great. thanks!!!

and thanks for the info, ez. my inglese is quite trim too. barely fits over my forearms when the sleeves are rolled down, and while its fine in the chest, tho snug, it is quite a sharp taper to the waist. its defo seems to be cut for a slim, smaller torso'ed, fellow.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013

7. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Interesting thoughts on the fit of the Inglese shirts. I am by no means slight and am fairly broad and square-shouldered and the Inglese size 15.75 shirt fits me wonderfully. They are trim but not aggressively so.

8. in stitches

lucky you!

length also fine for you? and if so, are your trousers of a higher rise or not necessarily? also want to ask torso questions but im feeling that is getting :uhoh: .

9. steveoly

steveoly Senior member

Will do!

I wear a 16.5 and am 6'1" and a fairly well fed guy and don't find mine too trim either. I do have a longer torso, so my only issue is shirt length.

10. aportnoy

No worries, you can ask me anything.

I do wear a higher rise, braced trouser so the length is not an issue. FWIW, Geneva cuts their shirts quite similarly to Inglese so for me, it was an easy and natural transition.

11. in stitches

ok then! well, i guess this is not a normal or maybe even answerable question, but do find your torso to be about equal in length as your legs, or are you of a smaller torso and longer legs?

12. aportnoy

I am fairly long legged so my sense is my torso is smaller but I can't say I've ever measured or would even know how!

13. ezlau

ezlau Senior member

Upon further considerations, I don't think I fit the category as a skinny Asian anymore as I am 5'9" and 148 lbs. :embar: Let's just say that the Inglese shirt fit trimmer than many other OTR brands, including Barba, Kiton, Zegna, Borrelli etc. based on personal experience.

I should also mention that the shirt fits slim but does not have darts - which I don't really like.

14. in stitches

sounds about right. no need to get back to me with an exact ratio or anything lol.

5'10/190. maybe thats my problem. :hide: