٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

Due to their association with colleges, striped ties are appropriate with pretty much everything. They're not like neats that have an association with suiting or heavily textured ties that are for more informal clothing. You can wear them with business suits, tweeds, whatever. This one I think would look great with a brown tweed jacket in addition to Greg's suggestions.

2. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Thanks, gents. That particular shade of grey seems like I might be too close to either navy or typical mid-grey suiting, with insufficient contrast resulting even with a white or blue shirt as background. Brown tweed or faux-tweed certainly seems like it would work.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013

3. inimitable

inimitable Senior member

A birthday gift from my girlfriend. She purchased this, unprompted, from NMWA.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

She's a keeper !!

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

this is quite reasonable and something that very few online retailers will do. and if a potential customer is upset because you don't provide absolutely everything up front (when any further requests will be freely and promptly entertained for the cost of your time to pm or email)....well those customers are usually such a pain in the ass that it might be a blessing in disguise not to get their business.

6. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

For those who are not Founders Circle members, we are opening the sale up to all in celebration of Cyber Monday.

[​IMG]

Note that all marked-downs are final sale (no returns). We'll be back to our regular free returns policy after the sale.

7. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

If you have anything left!?

8. APK

APK Senior member

If anyone picked up the Oliver Spencer bomber in burgundy in a 42 and isn't feeling it, get a hold of me. I was out of town most of the weekend and missed out.

9. unbelragazzo

10. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

After debating with myself for a week on whether I should get another coat, I picked up the navy casentino DB coat. I have the brown casentino DB and really like it a lot. I think it looks great and has now been battle tested in Minnesota winter conditions. I think Greg mentioned that the navy DB would make a great alternative to a peacoat, and that's what I'm going for here.

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i dont know why, but i have a really hard time buying and wearing striped ties. i just find that i shy away from them. not sure what the deal is.

that is awesome.

that item is the first thing that gaot me on the NMWA train, and yet i still dont have one.

plus infinity. i know very few stores, B&M or online, that offer the service that NMWA does. i have heard it said, you cant please everyone, and if you do, you are probably talking out of both sides of your mouth.

i think the NMWA policies and CS are great, and i am happy to see them sticking to their guns on the decisions they have made. make me respect them even more.

12. unbelragazzo

I actually don't wear striped ties much either. But it's still true that they're versatile. You could wear striped ties pretty much always and it would never be wrong.

13. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I feel the same way. I tend to avoid anything with a military history.

14. unbelragazzo

That must leave you with a pretty limited wardrobe...

15. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

It leaves me with no regimental ties, great coats, field jackets, cap toe blucher boots, cargo pants, patrol caps, bdu pants etc. I get by. Maybe I will soften with time but I'm turning in all of my real Army stuff in 2 weeks so....

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013