• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm getting the emails but can't log in, saying that the password is incorrect. I presumed that I'd forgotten the password and asked via the website for a new one - the systems says it's sent out the password email to me, but I never get it. Tried a few times too...pity I'm missing the Founders sale
frown.gif
Hi - you probably have never created an account on the site, which is why you cannot recover a password (that was never set). Please create an account using the same email address as your Founders Circle signup, set a password and all should be good when you log in.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cheers, I thought I did set up things but maybe I didn't :)

Edouard

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm getting the emails but can't log in, saying that the password is incorrect. I presumed that I'd forgotten the password and asked via the website for a new one - the systems says it's sent out the password email to me, but I never get it. Tried a few times too...pity I'm missing the Founders sale
frown.gif
best guess is you never created a profile on the site so you actually never had a password. So just go in there as if you had never visited it and create a full profile. Just make sure you use the email address that you receive our newsletter at - so you ll be set up as a founders circle member.
Let me know if you have any additional trouble at [email protected]
Happy shopping.

jfoonly

Reaction score
I really like everything I've seen and I would have pulled the trigger on several items with the FC sale (Valstarino, Inis, some gloves) but frankly the lack of measurements, in particular the near complete lack of sleeve lengths, has kept me from purchasing from the beginning. There may be great email responsiveness, but do I have to email about every outercoat, sweater, and jacket? If you're already measuring then measure the sleeves also. If you're just repeating incomplete manufacturers' measurements then it's a disservice to the customer as they are often fudged. Please include complete measurements -- shoulders and sleeves on uppers and waist and thighs on lowers are key factors.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you bastard, ups takes 5 ******* days to get to the west coast :mad:

Now you know how I feel when I order from STF.
---
Edouard, looks awesome.
---
I like ties in 8, 8.5 and 9cm widths. Variety is where its at!

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like everything I've seen and I would have pulled the trigger on several items with the FC sale (Valstarino, Inis, some gloves) but frankly the lack of measurements, in particular the near complete lack of sleeve lengths, has kept me from purchasing from the beginning. There may be great email responsiveness, but do I have to email about every outercoat, sweater, and jacket? If you're already measuring then measure the sleeves also. If you're just repeating incomplete manufacturers' measurements then it's a disservice to the customer as they are often fudged. Please include complete measurements -- shoulders and sleeves on uppers and waist and thighs on lowers are key factors.
I don't believe they are using manufacturer's measurements. From my experience, I believe the measurements on the site are done by NMWA on their stock.

With respect to the lack of additional measurements, I was told that too many measurements gets confusing for buyers and/or isn't needed by most buyers (both are believable to me). But I'm with you, it makes it impossible for me to determine whether something will fit without either emailing asking for complete measurements or by trial and error by shipping clothing to and from.

I would just like many more measurements for each item. I have aborted my checkout several times on jackets and sweaters and pants after reaching the point of final confirmation because of the choice between having to ask for multiple measurements on multiple items or just being entirely uncertain as to the fit of the items I'm ordering. This has saved me several thousand dollars, but I'm not particularly glad that it has.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We do take all measurements ourselves, and let me tell you it is incredibly time consuming. What one person considers "key" certainly isn't for another. You think thigh measurement on all trousers is key, but someone else thinks that not nearly enough and that measurements are useless without front rise, back rise, waist, inseam, outseam, thigh, knee and hem (yes, this is an actual request). So... where do we draw the line? We cannot possibly take all possible measurements on every garment in every size. This would represent a considerable amount of time at the moment when we need resources most (when shipments arrive), all this to (maybe) satisfy a few customers on the margin. Like for everything, we chose very carefully where we draw the line for the information displayed online. I think the measurements we show are more than enough to get a good sense of sizing from a store that offers free shipping and free returns on everything (not during final sales of course). We offer more measurements than most e-commerce stores, and probably less than some others.

So, in the event some "key" measurement is missing to make a decision, we can work with those customers to provide additional measurements. And then they can try the garments for free in the comfort of their home. Many people have been taking advantage of our easy shipping and return policy.

I understand that it works well for some, and not for others. There is no way we can please everyone, so we're trying to make sure we please as many as we can with the limited resources and time that we have.

Last edited:

bamboo

Reaction score
Cheers, I thought I did set up things but maybe I didn't
smile.gif
Hi
If you are placing international order, you cannot use website anyway.
You need to send email to place an order.
If you are a founder member, it will be taken care of as such.

TWorksheets

Reaction score

southernstyle

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of the Mazarelli blue stripe italian spread collar in action?

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was joking with Greg that this should be the official No Man Walks Alone tie:

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...-woven-grey-silk-tie-gold-double-stripes.html

since it's kind of in No Man colors. But having an actual official No Man tie might be kind of fun too. I think we could come up with something nicer than the Permanent Style paisley-as-tie-pin one.

I really like that tie, but I can't figure out what I'd pair it with. I'm curious how folks would wear it.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really like that tie, but I can't figure out what I'd pair it with. I'm curious how folks would wear it.

Any colour jacket (gray flannel might be best though) with white or blue solid shirt? Looks very versatile to me.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Light blue or white shirt, navy or grey suit. I consider this a fail-proof approach to striped ties in general. One can spice things up a little with a micro-check shirt or a finely striped shirt, but the simple "striped tie as centerpiece" approach works well for me.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen anyone do a better job at this.

Thanks Patrick

PSA : we are getting quite backed up on shipments. Doing our best here to pack everything and get it out the door tomorrow but some may slip a little. Apologies in advance - the response to this private sale from our Founders Circle members has been fantastic

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads