1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

I remember the first time I read about gray being a difficult SC color on this forum and immediately thinking, "everything I know about colors from painting and visual design tells me this is wrong." But there is no doubt it is a sentiment that gets repeated here often and emphatically.

2. forex

forex Senior member

If somebody grabbed Monitaly utility pants in olive, size 36 and it isn't working out, let me know.

PatrickR, killer stuff as usual. I too have a gray herringbone sport coat and find it very versatile.

3. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

Those pants are interesting.

But the measurements look like they'd be very long. No?

4. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

the light blue naissance suit. y'all are crazy this season. anyway, is the grp linen shirt machine washable? also, the inis meain tunics--what is the neck like? it seems to go from tight to boat neck between various product photos.

5. sood

sood Senior member

it's actually somewhere in between, slightly wider than your typical IM linen crewneck.

1 person likes this.
  6. forex

forex Senior member

You roll them up, that's the intended fit. I bought the tan one and didn't wear it much and just realized how good they are but olive is now sold out. They are very loose fitting though so beware, may not be to everyone's taste.

7. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

Thanks for the info.!

8. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior member

This idea that gray sports coats are somehow very difficult to wear is just wrong. Gray goes with most colors. I own two sports coats in gray, and I wear them with flannels in a darker shade of gray and my navy blue twill trousers (a denim-like material). Since one of the sports coats has some brown in the check I also wear brown trousers with that one. It really isn't difficult at all, it's just another one of these strange ideas that are so pervasive on this forum.

I mean, how difficult is this combo? How good does it look? This also breaks the strange rule of no white shirts without wearing black shoes.

[​IMG]

A lot of guys here are denying themselves some great style by following these made up internet rules.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  9. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Almost as bad as the idea that Hopsack is only appropriate for sanitation workers.

10. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

I take it you've never worn a hopsack suit before? There are better options.......

4 people like this.
  11. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

There can be better options depending on the context, but "for sanitation workers" is as silly as it gets.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  12. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Grey is not hard to wear, light grey can be, depends on your skin tone. Personally prefer darker color on top (i.e. Navy jacket with white pants looks better than white jacket with navy pants). That might be one case where grey is hard to wear comes from, navy jacket with grey pants looks better than grey jacket with navy pants to me because the navy is typically in the darker spectrum than grey.

13. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Solaro/khaki jacket is also something I wouldn't buy, because my skin tone makes my head blend in with those jacket color (pants is fine because some other color contrast in the upper body)

1 person likes this.
  14. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

That combo looks really, really bad to my eyes. Maybe I'm just not hip or with it enough.

5 people like this.
  15. n2pua

n2pua Senior member

@gdl203 or @NickPollica

are the side tabs on the trousers supposed to face opposite directions ?

my lorenzo pre-order arrived this way.

16. King Calder

King Calder Senior member

NMWA both old and new

[​IMG]

Niche, GRP, Camoshita, and Porter

4 people like this.
  17. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior member

I think you are safely with the cool kids on SF. Personally I love that fit aside from the terrible socks,
    but britts like that sort of thing I guess.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  18. malat

malat Senior member

Any in the wild shots of the new SS sweater drops? Particularly the Schneider Reason sweater?

19. vida

vida Senior member

sooo,
    Any new ties for spring from NMWA?

1 person likes this.
  20. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

Really curious about the Naissance beret, anyone here try it and have pictures?