• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Kimber, torn between -
Hong Kong
New York
Milan

any preferences Greg, (want to get 1 or 2)?
Milan and New York are a bit in the same tones. I'd recommend NY, HK and either Melbourne or London for another color palette

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Milan and New York are a bit in the same tones. I'd recommend NY, HK and either Melbourne or London for another color palette
Order placed! Really wish the Drakes Navy Panama Tie was still available, would have added that too

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kimber HK square (and Cantarelli jacket). I approve this addition to the NMWA collection.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The constant struggle between SW and CM budget allocation. :embar:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're here to help! Pre-order discounts + splitting payments in two halves =
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks really nice! You have last year's jacket too right?

I think I saw a preview of the new AW16 blazer in a birdseye pattern...
No, this was the first (thinking hard about the matching pants) - iirc, you have the one from last year? birdseye should be interesting!
I'll have them up by the end of day :)
Which pre-orders are we talking about?

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

Fragments of a home.

This past week, Stephan Schneider set up his Paris showroom to present next Autumn's collection, "Fragments of a home". The chief inspiration was a massive collection of neglected and undesired amateur oil paintings, which were then painted dark, leaving only traces of their original forms. Expect lots of dark hues this time around, including a beautifully rich burgundy. Familiar shapes return as well, which brings me to:

STEPHAN SCHNEIDER AUTUMN / WINTER 2016 pre-orders​

This time around, we selected only two outerwear candidates for a pre-order, and some of the most beautiful and unique fabrics they were available in.

We are offering pre-orders on the Thinner jacket in 6 fabrics, and the Conservation coat in 5.

An exciting update to our pre-order program this year that should give some of you relief, is that we are happy to exchange sizes if necessary when the coats are delivered, provided we have that size available at the time in our regular stock of course. (Or can coordinate with another user that needs to exchange sizes).

The last detail you need to know, is of course, the pre-order discount, which is our historical 20% off with code PREORDER. This is the best chance to get the coat or jacket you want, right at the beginning of the season, at a great price.

To sweeten the deal a bit, we only ask for 50% now to secure your piece, and 50% later when everything arrives in early September 2016.

Pre-orders close EOD Sunday, January 31st Wednesday, February 3rd, so we can get everything over to Stephan right away and secure the fabrics.

The first style we'd like to present is the "Thinner" jacket, a unique take on the bomber that is distinctly Schneider. Key details are the wool knit chest lining, collar, cuffs, and rear hem. To keep the jacket streamlined, the front zipper is hidden with a placket when zipped, and only the rear of the hem has the knit trim, leading to a very clean front. A perfectly sized knit collar, and thoughtful knit cuffs that can tuck inside the sleeves finish things off.

As always, different fabrics come in different prices, so I'm breaking it all down below. Please note that the knit trim on all styles is 100% wool.

1. Fuzzy grey (76% wool, 9% alpaca, 9% mohair, 6% nylon) with dark charcoal wool trim. Please note that the colors are much more accurate in our showroom photo. 50% deposit of $305, or $244 after 20% discount.

2. Multicolor "basketweave" (60% cotton, 20% nylon, 7% alpaca, 7% mohair, 6% wool) with grey wool trim. Please note that the photo above is of a different style garment, but shows both the body fabric as well as grey knit trim. 50% deposit of $305, or $244 after 20% discount.

3. Textured navy jersey (60% wool, 25% cotton, 15% nylon) with navy blue trim. 50% deposit of $305, or $244 after 20% discount.

4. Beige (70% wool, 25% polyester, 5% cashmere) with brown wool trim. 50% deposit of $280, or $224 after 20% discount.

5. Black (86% wool, 14% nylon) with dark charcoal wool trim. 50% deposit of $280, or $224 after 20% discount.

6. Burgundy (86% wool, 14% nylon) with burgundy wool trim. Please note that the photo above is of a different style garment, but shows both the body fabric as well as knit trim. 50% deposit of $280, or $224 after 20% discount.

The next style is of course the "Conservation". This is a re-imagining of last year's Memory coat, itself inspired by 2011's Merino. The pattern and length are the same as the Memory, but this one has been improved by Stephan in a few ways, most notably the integrated knit hood and different knit style, which work together to relieve a lot of bulk that previously occurred in the chest. It still has a quilted lined body, and fully lined sleeves, but now has slanted side pockets situated low on the body like the Merino coat. One more difference between Conservation and Memory/Merino is that the collar is not a stand-up/biker collar. Stephan wanted a collar that looks like a classic Mac when worn without the liner - so it's a collar with lapels and a button on top. The last change is that the placket is no longer a hidden one, again alleviating some bulk in the chest.

As always, different fabrics come in different prices, so I'm breaking it all down below. Please note that the knit trim on all styles is 100% wool.

1. Burgundy (86% wool, 14% nylon) with burgundy wool lining. This is the same as shown in the lookbook photo above, and is for sure a color that works incredibly well on this style of coat. 50% deposit of $465, or $372 after 20% discount.

2. Camel / beige (70% wool, 25% polyester, 5% cashmere) with brown knit trim. This is the higher-contrast option, with a light body and dark trim in the hood. Please note that the photos above are of the Thinner jacket, but I'm using them to show the drape of the fabric as well as the combination of trim. 50% deposit of $465, or $372 after 20% discount.

3. Navy blue "structured" wool (100%) with navy blue knit lining. Please note that the photos above are of a different jacket, but I'm using them to show the drape of the fabric as well as the combination of trim. The removable hood will not be set up like this photo, it will be like the rest of the Conservation coats. 50% deposit of $485, or $388 after 20% discount.

4. Blue/grey heavy twill wool (100%) with blue knit lining. This one has a lot of depth to the color, and the twill has an incredibly soft hand to it. 50% deposit of $545, or $436 after 20% discount.

5. Fuzzy plaid (76% wool, 9% alpaca, 9% mohair, 6% nylon) with charcoal knit lining. A lot can be said about this fabric, between the incredible hand, perfect colors, and great pattern, it's one of the most unique fabrics we've seen in a while. 50% deposit of $545, or $436 after 20% discount.

That covers our selection for FW16 pre-orders, and please let me know if you have any other questions! We spent a lot of time with these products and narrowing it down to these two styles, so I have plenty more photos I can post in the thread of these fabrics and styles, and can always break down the feel and vibe of them if anybody has questions. If you would like to bookmark the pre-order page in it's entirety, you can do so here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads